This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: European Hare (Collecta - Wild Life).  (Read 2743 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
European Hare (Collecta - Wild Life).
« on: December 15, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of European Hare (Lepus europaeus) Pallas, 1778 of Collecta-Wild Life. Total lenght is 50mm. This figure was relased in 2011 and it is avaliable.The European hare was first described by German zoologist Peter Simon Pallas in 1778. It shares the genus Lepus with other hares and jackrabbits. These animals are distinguished from other leporids by their longer legs, wider nostrils and precocial young. The former two are adaptations for long distance running. Historically, up to 30 subspecies of European hare have been classified, although their status has been variable.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their category of wild life, they have included the European Hare. This figure is a nice representation of this animal. The colors are exact and the details are nice and the sculpture is awesome. I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and a good acquistion for deers collectors.  I bought this figure in a toy store of Cádiz (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: European Hare (Collecta - Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
one of the better lagomorph figures out there

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »
one of the better lagomorph figures out there

Yes, I think the same that you partner  ^-^.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »
I bought this one a few months ago, too. Quite nice, actually, and with properly long ears. :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
I bought this one a few months ago, too. Quite nice, actually, and with properly long ears. :)

Yes it is. I remember the hare of Schleich that it was a really nice model also  ^-^.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal