This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Red Fox (Collecta - Wild Life).  (Read 4514 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Red Fox (Collecta - Wild Life).
« on: December 15, 2014, 05:14:32 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes) Linnaeus, 1758 of Collecta-Wild Life. Total lenght is 70mm. This figure was relased in 2006 and it is avaliable. Red foxes originated from smaller-sized ancestors from Eurasia during the Middle Villafranchian period, and colonised North America shortly after the Wisconsin glaciation. Among the true foxes, the red fox represents a more progressive form in the direction of carnivory. The species has a long history of association with humans, having been extensively hunted as a pest and furbearer for centuries, as well as being prominently represented in human folklore and mythology.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their category of wild life, they have included the Red Fox. This figure is a nice representation of this animal. The colors are exact and the details are nice and the sculpture is awesome. I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and a good acquistion for deers collectors.  I bought this figure in a toy store of Cádiz (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Red Fox (Collecta - Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »
I'm a bit undecided about this fox, Jetoar. While it shows some good details I'm not too happy with its proportions, the head looks a little oversized in relation to the body. I'm still on the search for a good fox (other than the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Animatales 6 figure) by a major brand and haven't decided yet which one to get.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:15:12 AM »
I'm a bit undecided about this fox, Jetoar. While it shows some good details I'm not too happy with its proportions, the head looks a little oversized in relation to the body. I'm still on the search for a good fox (other than the Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Animatales 6 figure) by a major brand and haven't decided yet which one to get.

I think that, the last Schleich red fox is a good replica. I think that this figure is a old figure, even has Procon in its belly. I supose that Collecta wil do a new figure of this specie comig soon.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:15:19 AM by Jetoar »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »
I think that, the last Schleich red fox is a good replica. I think that this figure is a old figure, even has Procon in its belly. I supose that Collecta wil do a new figure of this specie comig soon.
Good to know, so here's hoping for an update! :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
Good to know, so here's hoping for an update! :)

A good example of this is the scupt of the Black-backed Jackal of Collecta  ^-^.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »
A good example of this is the scupt of the Black-backed Jackal of Collecta  ^-^.
Oh - now that you mention it, I didn't even know the current version had a predecessor! :o

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »
the newer of the Safari LTD red fox (don't remember year) is pretty good.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »
the newer of the Safari LTD red fox (don't remember year) is pretty good.
The current NAW version? From the catalogue photos that one looks great. :)

skysthelimit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Oh - now that you mention it, I didn't even know the current version had a predecessor! :o
Because it didn't  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal