News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2015

Started by bmathison1972, December 03, 2014, 01:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

*gasps* :o

Kaiyodo will release a huge (around 70 cm) "1/35" Blue Whale!
Finally we get one that matches most sauropod Toy figures in scale! 8)
I already preordered one from HLJ (release is scheduled for March 2015): http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD00031/Fig

Edit: Found another photo via a google image search

sauroid

WOW! do you think they will use typical major brand plastic for the blue whale figure?

brontodocus

Quote from: sauroid on December 29, 2014, 12:16:55 PM
WOW! do you think they will use typical major brand plastic for the blue whale figure?
I would guess it'll be hollow vinyl like Kaiyodo has previously used for large models. A figure of that size could easily weigh about two or three kilograms if it is not hollow.

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 29, 2014, 10:39:58 AM
*gasps* :o

Kaiyodo will release a huge (around 70 cm) "1/35" Blue Whale!
Finally we get one that matches most sauropod Toy figures in scale! 8)
I already preordered one from HLJ (release is scheduled for March 2015): http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD00031/Fig

Edit: Found another photo via a google image search

Wow  ^-^ the biggest figure of Blue Whale  :o.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

....... awesome :-X.

Do they charge money for pre-orders at HLJ or do they wait until the model is available?

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 30, 2014, 08:18:11 PM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

....... awesome :-X.

Do they charge money for pre-orders at HLJ or do they wait until the model is available?
No, you won't have to pay anything until it becomes available. I ordered quickly because i had the feeling after a certain amount of preorders they'd put it on "order stop" and won't take any more orders. I won't be charged before the model is available and there are no fees. Customer service and shipping policy are also great at HLJ so I'm very happy to be able to get it from them. :)

stargatedalek

I heard from Brettnj (when he sent out the announcement for it) that it will be vinyl

This looks to be an absolutely amazing piece, I'd get it if only I had the money. Oh and then there's this "out of space" thing which I hear people besides me responsible people talk about all the time ;)
I really do wish I could get it, perhaps someday.

brontodocus

That was my thought, too, that it would almost certainly be made of hollow vinyl - Kaiyodo made large, hollow vinyl figures before, e.g. the Dinoland series and I believe the larger Aqualand (not the smaller polyresins) models were hollow, too. Good, that will make international shipping costs a bit less painful, I hope. :)

bmathison1972

brontodocus

:o Awesome! 8) I'll have to get the entire insects pests set. And from the frogs at least the Breviceps adspersus!

sauroid

very cool looking. wish there were termite and mosquito among the pest insects set.

bmathison1972

Quote from: sauroid on January 17, 2015, 05:14:04 PM
very cool looking. wish there were termite and mosquito among the pest insects set.

a mosquito would be nice, but with the apparent focus on public health, wouldnt imagine a termite among this set. I always thought it would be neat for a company (even Safari LTDs 'Safariology') to do a termite caste set: gravid queen, winged male, soldier, worker.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

So there, as miwashi already posted here the CapsuleQ Museum "Leopard Gecko" set is out. :) Four colour versions of the Leopard Gecko, Eublepharis macularius (i.e. wild form and three colour variants that are popular in the pet trade), as well as the Smooth Knob-tailed Gecko, Nephrurus levis, and the Phantastic or Satanic Leaf-tailed Gecko, Uroplatus phantasticus:

...and the Leopard Gecko wild form would be this one:

bmathison1972

...and now you guys can actually use the word 'Phantastic' properly! Although it comes from a work meaning imaginary and not the outdated version of 'fantastic' Grrrrr.... (what can I say, I was raised by an editor LOL)

sauroid

definitely much better than the old Kaiyodo leopard gecko variants

postsaurischian

:) The new Animatales set has been released.

bmathison1972

thanks Helge, I was looking for an image to post.

This is a set of invasive species to Japan, I guess the only way we are going to get extralimital taxa from them...  ::)

Anyone care to guess which figure I am 'antsy' for?  ;D

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 13, 2015, 03:31:53 PM
thanks Helge, I was looking for an image to post.

This is a set of invasive species to Japan, I guess the only way we are going to get extralimital taxa from them...  ::)

Anyone care to guess which figure I am 'antsy' for?  ;D

I know I am sending people 'fishing' for a clue for the one I want!  ;D

sauroid

very cool, esp. the bass and the snapper (for me).