Author Topic: If you had your own figure company, what figures would you have in the line?  (Read 5897 times)

Physeter macrocephalus

• Save the whales.
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Snow Leopard
I would probably focus on extinct taxa in the line in 1/40 scale dinosaurs and 1/20 scale prehistoric mammal figurines with with bases.
-Microraptor Gui
-Velociraptor Mongolienensis
-Turiasaurus Riodevensis
-Oxalaia Quilombensis
-Suchomimus Tenerenensis
-Apatosaurus Ajax
-Barosaurus Lentus
-Yutyrannus Huali
-Andrewsarchus Mongoliensis
-Amphicyon İngens
-Mammuthus:primigenius,trogontherii,meridionalis,columbi,americanum,exilis

BlueKrono

• "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Alligator snapping turtle
I would make, and I know this probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but I would make a hagfish. Reason being that as far as I know, there is only one hagfish figure and it's bright orange. Originality ;D

I have a hagfish toy made by Octonauts. Mine is kind of a purpley pink color, and apparently they also made it in green:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Octonauts-Rescue-Kwazii-The-Slime-Eel-Figure-2-Pack/35776639
I like turtles.

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
I had some octonauts figures, as that was my favourite program growing up, I'll see if I can find any to add to my collection
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Gwangi

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
My company would focus on North American fishes, reptiles, and amphibians. It would also dabble with other groups too, like songbirds, and invertebrates. Rarely, but on occasion, mammals. Or other species from elsewhere too, but they wouldn't be the focus. A lineup might look something like this...

Alaskan Blackfish
Oyster Toadfish
Colorado Pikeminnow
Artic Grayling
Gilt Darter
Eastern Newt life cycle set (eggs, larvae, eft, adult)
Marbled Salamander
Chuckwalla
Blanding's Turtle
Eastern Hognose Snake
Red Warbler
Cedar Waxwing
Atlantic Bay Scallop
Velvet Ant

And then to make sure other continents were represented, maybe...
Slow Worm (UK)
Eel-tailed Catfish (Australia)
Superb Fairywren (Australia)
Golden Mole (Africa)
Peacock Bass (South America)
Bamboo Shrimp (Asia)
Thai Bamboo Rat Snake (Asia)

You get the idea.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:52:08 PM by Gwangi »

Halichoeres

• View Profile
I would make, and I know this probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but I would make a hagfish. Reason being that as far as I know, there is only one hagfish figure and it's bright orange. Originality ;D

I have a hagfish toy made by Octonauts. Mine is kind of a purpley pink color, and apparently they also made it in green:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Octonauts-Rescue-Kwazii-The-Slime-Eel-Figure-2-Pack/35776639

What on earth. I love that the Octonauts are including things like this. There's gonna be a mess of kids wanting to be marine biologists in ten years or so and I'm into it. Maybe I'll get to teach some of them.

@Reuben03 I would buy those.

Reuben03

• View Profile
    • Music
  • Animal: A really, really fat Tegu, like seriously, wow.
Thank you! so would I!
imagine a set with a stonefish looking belantsea sitting on the bottom perfectly camouflaged with a Falcatus circling above or a tank with tarpon looking Chirocentrites schooling underneath a floating hadrosaur corpse.
there is so much potential because the fossil record is full of awesome fish, and fish tank toys are always fun. I wish I could get it made lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal