Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

If you had your own figure company, what figures would you have in the line?

Started by Hercules beetle, November 23, 2014, 12:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercules beetle

I would have a lot of life size models of insects and i would make a colossal squid figure.
every once in a while i might make a limited edition like a life-size emperor penguin with chick.
i actually have an entire line written somewhere...
maybe i would have a vote of each creature category like mammals and invertebrates of which one to make and the most popular animal from each group gets produced as a figure.

radioactive347

I would make, and I know this probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but I would make a hagfish. Reason being that as far as I know, there is only one hagfish figure and it's bright orange. Originality ;D

sbell

Quote from: radioactive347 on December 31, 2014, 02:36:20 AM
I would make, and I know this probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but I would make a hagfish. Reason being that as far as I know, there is only one hagfish figure and it's bright orange. Originality ;D

I've seen that one on bogleech as well! Great figure, I would love to get my hands on one!

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on December 31, 2014, 04:06:12 AM

I've seen that one on bogleech as well! Great figure, I would love to get my hands on one!
Ah, you just remind me of that one, the one that came with a jar of instant slime? ;D I have to admit, I have been searching to find one offered, too, but without success... :-\

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on December 31, 2014, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: sbell on December 31, 2014, 04:06:12 AM

Ah, you just remind me of that one, the one that came with a jar of instant slime? ;D I have to admit, I have been searching to find one offered, too, but without success... :-\

That's the one. For people wanting a run down, you can read about it here:
http://www.bogleech.com/blather-hag.html

Or just be content to look at this photo:

brontodocus

How can I be content just by looking at a photo of it... being unable to get one brings me to slimy tears... :'( ;D

stargatedalek

I used to have a couple of fishing lures that I re-purposed as hagfish toys.
Rubber lures without the hooks, the only problem was the smell

brontodocus

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 03, 2015, 12:26:00 AM
I used to have a couple of fishing lures that I re-purposed as hagfish toys.
Rubber lures without the hooks, the only problem was the smell
Ha! :) Now that you mention it... Berkley Gulp or something similar? They make some rubber lures which are soaked in a very smelly attractant. I remember that in 2007 I had to order some Berkley Gulp lugworms as a decoration for a doctoral cap for one of our colleagues who had written her PhD thesis on antarctic polychaetes. These were the only rubber polychaetes I could find and when I received them I was shocked about the smell (didn't know about the attractant before). But we decided since her disputation was an initiation ceremony, anyways, she would also cope with emitting a strange smell from her hat! ;D One other problem about these smelly lures is that they shrink and become very brittle when kept dry. :-\

Hercules beetle

I am remarkably suprised good kaiyodo have never brung out a hagfish.

brontodocus

Quote from: Hercules beetle on January 07, 2015, 05:04:11 AM
But if one company makes one, eventually, they are the most likely to do it. :)

Hercules beetle

Quote from: brontodocus on January 07, 2015, 12:24:07 PM
Quote from: Hercules beetle on January 07, 2015, 05:04:11 AM
But if one company makes one, eventually, they are the most likely to do it. :)
I guess.
Also, first post in a while, sorry i haven't been active lately.

Reuben03

Remember Tiny Tanks? i'd do a series of attachable fish tanks. Decent size, all counting down the different prehistoric eras. Starting With the cambrian and
ending with the pleistocene.

They would all have a unique base of imitation substrate inside of the tank, with unique marine fauna to embed into the provided holes.
the marine fauna would consist of mostly underrepresented species, that would mostly possess a fish shaped body to aid in buoyancy.

like this, just a little smaller, more detailed and they'd be weird prehistoric fish...

Wave one would establish the line, and then wave two would just do the same with new tanks and new species.

Sable Antelope

I think a toy line focusing on invertebrates and their diversity. Imagine bobbit worms and nudibrach and velvet worms all in about the scale of Safari's Incredible creatures!

sirenia

I'd have a series with extant and extinct species, like the Moa and Dracula Parrot for birds, Pronghorn and Ambulocetus for mammals ect.

callmejoe3

Not sure what taxa I'd focus on, but I'd try to create different brands of different scaled collections, much like the Carnegie Museum or Monterey Bay Aquarium collection.

bmathison1972

Never saw this thread before.

I would create a line of small animals (think Yowie Group or Eikoh) with extreme diversity (everything from protozoans to whales; prehistoric and extant). the figures would all roughly be the same size, no scale.

Not sure how I would release them. Maybe sets of 10-12. But not sure if those sets would have a theme or be random.

endogenylove

Oh I have dreamed about creating a line that focuses on standard-sized recently extinct taxa. A bluebuck, Caribbean monk seal, great auk, Hawaiian O'o, Heath hen, etc. Even if it was a company that would produce regular wildlife figures as well, i would have a separate line for recently extinct animals. I feel like, aside from the thylacines and collecta's ivory Bill, that is a range of animals regularly ignored by companies. Yowies forgotten friends exist, but they are not standard size. I Very much crave a standard sized bluebuck to be used alongside the main brand Sables.
Always looking for new species...

JimoAi

I will do a line focusing on batoids, focusing on recognizable ones first like manta rays and spotted eagle rays before going to the weirder ones

Advicot

Now this is unbelievably hard!

I would probably have a birds of the world set where I would have a single species that represented its whole family like the Cornell Lab did with their map, however picking the species is another matter  :))

And I think I would just make a line of all the animal species I know of and add figures once I discover new ones to my knowledge   :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Lanthanotus

- Hornbill, not sure which species
- Bird of Paradise, pair
- Takin
- Giant Armadillo
- Roughneck Monitor
- Earless Monitor
- Smooth Newt, male or pair