Author Topic: If you had your own figure company, what figures would you have in the line?  (Read 5224 times)

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
I would have a lot of life size models of insects and i would make a colossal squid figure.
every once in a while i might make a limited edition like a life-size emperor penguin with chick.
i actually have an entire line written somewhere...
maybe i would have a vote of each creature category like mammals and invertebrates of which one to make and the most popular animal from each group gets produced as a figure.

radioactive347

• View Profile
I would make, and I know this probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but I would make a hagfish. Reason being that as far as I know, there is only one hagfish figure and it's bright orange. Originality ;D

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
I would make, and I know this probably wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but I would make a hagfish. Reason being that as far as I know, there is only one hagfish figure and it's bright orange. Originality ;D

I've seen that one on bogleech as well! Great figure, I would love to get my hands on one!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni

I've seen that one on bogleech as well! Great figure, I would love to get my hands on one!
Ah, you just remind me of that one, the one that came with a jar of instant slime? ;D I have to admit, I have been searching to find one offered, too, but without success... :-\

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables

Ah, you just remind me of that one, the one that came with a jar of instant slime? ;D I have to admit, I have been searching to find one offered, too, but without success... :-\

That's the one. For people wanting a run down, you can read about it here:
http://www.bogleech.com/blather-hag.html

Or just be content to look at this photo:

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
How can I be content just by looking at a photo of it... being unable to get one brings me to slimy tears... :'( ;D

stargatedalek

• View Profile
I used to have a couple of fishing lures that I re-purposed as hagfish toys.
Rubber lures without the hooks, the only problem was the smell

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
I used to have a couple of fishing lures that I re-purposed as hagfish toys.
Rubber lures without the hooks, the only problem was the smell
Ha! :) Now that you mention it... Berkley Gulp or something similar? They make some rubber lures which are soaked in a very smelly attractant. I remember that in 2007 I had to order some Berkley Gulp lugworms as a decoration for a doctoral cap for one of our colleagues who had written her PhD thesis on antarctic polychaetes. These were the only rubber polychaetes I could find and when I received them I was shocked about the smell (didn't know about the attractant before). But we decided since her disputation was an initiation ceremony, anyways, she would also cope with emitting a strange smell from her hat! ;D One other problem about these smelly lures is that they shrink and become very brittle when kept dry. :-\

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
I am remarkably suprised good kaiyodo have never brung out a hagfish.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
But if one company makes one, eventually, they are the most likely to do it. :)

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
But if one company makes one, eventually, they are the most likely to do it. :)
I guess.
Also, first post in a while, sorry i haven't been active lately.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal