News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA new for 2015

Started by stargatedalek, November 03, 2014, 01:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

their figures are SO nice; if I wasn't taxonomically-specialized I'd get them all :)

brontodocus

Aesome, thanks for posting, Helge! :) I guess I need to get the Kiwi, too. And at least the Chiru! 8)
Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 13, 2014, 06:18:51 PM
their figures are SO nice; if I wasn't taxonomically-specialized I'd get them all :)
If you need an excuse, you can always say these are not animal figures but dioramas instead. Dioramas for fleas, sucking lice, or mallophagans! ;D

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

At least I remember I have seen somebody's pictures of one he had bought. And, yes, the price is outrageous as usual from this seller. I hope at least this time he took his own photos instead of stealing them from other collectors like he did on several occasions before.

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on April 10, 2015, 09:40:42 AM
At least I remember I have seen somebody's pictures of one he had bought. And, yes, the price is outrageous as usual from this seller. I hope at least this time he took his own photos instead of stealing them from other collectors like he did on several occasions before.

I think only that special box set is limited; the figure can probably still be bought stand-alone. Check with Chad (sphyrna18)--he sells CollectA so he would know its availability.

sauroid

i wonder if that seller ever gets to sell anything at all...

bmathison1972

Quote from: sauroid on April 10, 2015, 02:59:05 PM
i wonder if that seller ever gets to sell anything at all...

I have bought from him, maybe once or twice, because he can come up with some rare treasures at times.

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 10, 2015, 02:54:40 PM

I think only that special box set is limited; the figure can probably still be bought stand-alone. Check with Chad (sphyrna18)--he sells CollectA so he would know its availability.
Yes, I've seen that the same figure will also be a regular one and there's even a possibility to preorder it from one shop here for the usual price. I meant I remember someone has bought the limited one and posted pictures. And paid 100 bucks, so it may have been from the same questionable seller.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say, I bought a few things from him before, too (e.g. the Phat! Shoebill) but since I realised that he used my and other collectors' photos in his ebay listings I boycott him.

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on April 11, 2015, 08:50:38 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 10, 2015, 02:54:40 PM

Yes, I've seen that the same figure will also be a regular one and there's even a possibility to preorder it from one shop here for the usual price. I meant I remember someone has bought the limited one and posted pictures. And paid 100 bucks, so it may have been from the same questionable seller.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say, I bought a few things from him before, too (e.g. the Phat! Shoebill) but since I realised that he used my and other collectors' photos in his ebay listings I boycott him.

I made the seller stop using my Colorata fishes photos; he doesn't anymore. But his prices are still terrible.

As for the box set, I haven't seen it in any catalogs--I'm wondering if it may be localized to the East-Asian region, where it's from, and very endangered? As some sort of promotion? Which would explain all of the accouterments that come with it. The figure, alone, is in the catalogs. I don't think it is otherwise different (it's going to be a while before I have it in stock though--Canadian distributors are annoying, when they keep their contracts at all).

bmathison1972

oh I didnt realize he was the one using other peoples' images. Good to know.

sphyrna18

The limited edition Chiru box set is produced by a Chinese company for release exclusively within China. The figure is identical to the regular release (it is the regular release, technically). So CollectA isn't actually producing the box set, just supplying the figure in advance to the company that is. The box set is limited to 1000, and it retails for USD $42. Charging $100 for it is gross overcharging; unfortunately, since it is only available in China, those wishing to obtain it internationally will likely have to pay steep markups.