News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blaine's Collection - on shelves

Started by bmathison1972, November 02, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Crustaceans are always my favorite part ;D

That mantis shrimp drives me crazy every time!

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

Beetle guy

Wow, you almost make me collect crustaceans as well  ;)
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

bmathison1972

Today I am re-imaging my Collection on Shelves (and renaming the thread accordingly). I always love seeing other forum members' collections as displayed so I am sharing mine. Obviously, this is not everything. My shelves highlight taxonomic and manufacturer diversity. Because of space limitations, figures by unknown (and usually generic) manufacturers are not displayed unless they are unusual taxa. Also, a lot of Toy Major and Safari TOOB/K&M tube figures are not shown.
I do show large figures by major manufacturers and most Japanese stuff (although small Sega and some Kabaya figures are not shown unless they represent unique taxa). I also show most porcelain figurines except some of the flat feves.
Also, the make-up of what's on these shelves changes as new things come in, and sometimes things on shelves get pushed into the drawers...sigh

My availability to take pics will depend on lighting in my main room, so most pics will have to be taken mid-day on weekends when I am home.

Let's start with Lepidoptera:

Halichoeres

That's an impressive display!

When non-entomologist friends are over, do they ever make jokes about a can of Raid?
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

bmathison1972

OK, been a long time since I updated shots of my display cabinets. This time, the crustaceans. Like with the butterflies and moths, these are not everything. Smaller, generic figures are stored away and larger figures are randomly places around the house. Sorry the focus isn't great, given depth of space. I think I need units with more, but more shallow, shelves.

this last display is in my bathroom:

stemturtle

Please identify the creature that looks like a sand crab in the third photo between the large sow bug and huge mantis shrimp. Who is the manufacturer? Thanks.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stemturtle on March 05, 2018, 06:38:09 PM
Please identify the creature that looks like a sand crab in the third photo between the large sow bug and huge mantis shrimp. Who is the manufacturer? Thanks.

hey James, that's a polyresin figure of an armadilidiid isopod by Martin Perry Studios.

stemturtle