News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blaine's Collection - on shelves

Started by bmathison1972, November 02, 2014, 10:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Alright, I've started taking pics of my displayed collection. Excuse the quality; I am using a camera phone.

On these shelves are primarily name brands: Safari, Bullyland, CollectA, K&M Wild Republic, AAA, ROM, 4D FameMaster, Cadbury Yowies, Kinto Favorite, as well as the Japanese gashapon-style figures (Kaiyodo, Furuta, Colorata, Yujin, Takara TOMY, Bandai, Rement, Sabuardo, etc.), and others that escape me at the moment. It does not have small PlayVisions figures, nor 'chinabugs' (with some exceptions of odd/weird groups).

I will add more as I take the pics. For starters here are the non-Insecta.

EDIT: October 22, 2017, I am reimaging my collection on shelves, starting with Reply #44 on Page 3.

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

Hercules beetle

I am so glad you posted this. Isn't that big lobster thing a little scary?

sbell

Quote from: Hercules beetle on November 03, 2014, 04:50:44 AM
I am so glad you posted this. Isn't that big lobster thing a little scary?

I think it's the AAA mantis shrimp, which is a little too big for my collection. However, this means that I need--NEED--the Yujin one.

Hercules beetle

How big is the tiger centipede? 

brontodocus

Stupendous! :) Your collection keeps growing and although I'd say I have many arthropod figures, too, there are still many in any of your photos which I don't have. I think I haven't seen a dragonfly life cycle set before. :o

bmathison1972

1) Sean and Hercules Beetle: yes the big one is by AAA

2) Hercules Beetle, if by 'tiger centipede' you mean the big one in the back, it's by Safari LTD as part of their retired Smithsonian Collection.

3) Andre, the dragonfly life cycle is by Tedco Toys. Most of their life cycles are nice. The only disappointing one is their butterfly LC, which has the larva of a papilionid but the adult looks like a monarch  :o

I will try to take and post the beetles before the end of the week. There will be about 7 images to capture all the coleopterans :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 04, 2014, 02:35:58 PM
1) Sean and Hercules Beetle: yes the big one is by AAA

2) Hercules Beetle, if by 'tiger centipede' you mean the big one in the back, it's by Safari LTD as part of their retired Smithsonian Collection. I am at work and don't have it handy but it's about a foot. it's pretty big

3) Andre, the dragonfly life cycle is by Tedco Toys. Most of their life cycles are nice. The only disappointing one is their butterfly LC, which has the larva of a papilionid but the adult looks like a monarch  :o

I will try to take and post the beetles before the end of the week. There will be about 7 images to capture all the coleopterans :)

bmathison1972

Photoshop images deleted

widukind

Unbelievable,  what a collection!!!!!

Hercules beetle

I really cant make out what that big blue one in the first beetle picture is.

Hercules beetle

Man i want every single one of those stags and rhinos in the last few pictures.

brontodocus

Phantastic! :) So how many Trypoxylus dichotomus / Allomyrina dichotoma figures are there altogether by now? And - there is actually a figure of a flying Dynastes satanas? :o Reminds me of the Epoch flying beetles.
Quote from: Hercules beetle on November 06, 2014, 05:16:22 AM
I really cant make out what that big blue one in the first beetle picture is.
I believe that's the big K&M / Wild Republic Eupholus sp. Blaine had mentioned in this post:)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on November 06, 2014, 07:03:32 AM
So how many Allomyrina dichotoma figures are there altogether by now?

In these images alone there are figures from:

1. CollectA
2. Furuta (Choco Egg Funny Animals)
3. Sabuardo
4. Kabaya (World Insect Series 1)
5. K&M (Wild Republic Insects Bag)
6. Sega (with Bandai)
7. Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour (Nature of Japan)
8. Bandai (dont know name of set)
9. Yujin (Insects of Japan)
10. Colorata (Tropical Rain Forest Rhinoceros Beetles)
11. Rement
12. Takara (?--large Sabuardo-like)

...and I dont even have all of them out there. I do have some 'chinabug' A. dichotoma as well.

brontodocus

radioactive347

Your collection is amazing! Where did you get the ladybug on the flower?

bmathison1972

Quote from: radioactive347 on November 24, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

Thank you!

The ladybug on the flower was part of a set by Furuta (you can see the whole set here: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/sciencee.htm). The ladybug and flower were sold as 'accessories' for the butterfly, but I glued the ladybug to the flower so it's always part of it.

radioactive347

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 24, 2014, 03:17:59 AM
Quote from: radioactive347 on November 24, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

Thank you!

The ladybug on the flower was part of a set by Furuta (you can see the whole set here: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~CH2M-NITU/sciencee.htm). The ladybug and flower were sold as 'accessories' for the butterfly, but I glued the ladybug to the flower so it's always part of it.
Thank you!  ^-^

Weaselfan93

this collection is so awesome, Blaine! I love every bit of it. only one question stands out; What is the flea mini that looks like a smaller version of the Smithsonian one? what brand or set is that from?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Weaselfan93 on December 23, 2014, 07:48:38 PM
this collection is so awesome, Blaine! I love every bit of it. only one question stands out; What is the flea mini that looks like a smaller version of the Smithsonian one? what brand or set is that from?
that flea was in a batch a friend gave me so no idea of it's origin, but I think it came from one of these book/tube sets that has about a dozen animals in it. There were a few Smithsonian mimics in the set, including a stag beetle and luna moth that look like miniatures of the Smithsonian insects.