News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Raptor Attack!!! Hawks, Eagles, Condors, Vultures, Falcons, and Kin!

Started by brontodocus, December 28, 2012, 12:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Here is the walk-around of Schleich's Griffon Vulture, Gyps fulvus (Hablizl, 1783). It's new for 2013 but already available in stores. The curved neck and half-spread wings make it difficult to estimate its length and wing span, total length would be approx. 97 mm and wing span approx. 188 mm if fully stretched out, this puts the scale between approx. 1:10 and 1:12 based on body length and between 1:12 and 1:14 based on wing span.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

AnimalToyForum

Wow, those puffed out feathers on the back look amazing. That's a feature that sculptors could consider incorporating into their dromaeosaurid dinosaur models.  8)

Jetoar

Amazing vulture. In Spain this figure dont arrive. Definetly, He will be a new acquisition of my collection. I like the details of his feathers and his form.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Quote from: Jetoar on December 28, 2012, 10:26:38 AM
Amazing vulture. In Spain this figure dont arrive. Definetly, He will be a new acquisition of my collection. I like the details of his feathers and his form.
I guess it's just a matter of weeks, if not days, until they show up in Spain, too! :)

Ana

It's must have for me :D
Thanks for nice walk around photos!  ^-^

brontodocus

You're welcome, Ana! :) Just a few days before Christmas I saw the new Schleich releases for January 2013 in a toy store in Bochum. That was the one I wanted the most so I had to buy it instantly and I'm happy about how the details turned out. I've been a little disappointed about Schleich lately but I think they still have some good figures coming up.

Battatitan

At last, a vulture to pick over our carcasses! For me, this is one of my most highly anticipated figures of 2013. Congratulations; the early bird gets the worm.  :))

brontodocus

Thanks, Battatitan! I'm sure the sculptor had exactly that in mind! :)

Battatitan

Quote from: brontodocus on December 28, 2012, 06:04:05 PM
Thanks, Battatitan! I'm sure the sculptor had exactly that in mind! :)

Hopefully the sculptor will design an antelope carcass of some sort to go with it...?  ;D

Jetoar

Varanus

Quote from: animaltoyforum on December 28, 2012, 12:54:20 AM
Wow, those puffed out feathers on the back look amazing. That's a feature that sculptors could consider incorporating into their dromaeosaurid dinosaur models.  8)

If they could make a dromaeosaur that looked half as good as this vulture my respect for them would jump up 200%! :))

brontodocus

Quote from: Varanus on December 29, 2012, 02:57:50 AM
If they could make a dromaeosaur that looked half as good as this vulture my respect for them would jump up 200%! :))
Yes, apparently they have the sculptors who could make amazing dinosaur figures. Why don't they? :'(

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 29, 2012, 09:04:11 AM
Quote from: Varanus on December 29, 2012, 02:57:50 AM
Yes, apparently they have the sculptors who could make amazing dinosaur figures. Why don't they? :'(

Yes I think the same.

brontodocus

This walk-around covers the Bullyland Animal World Bearded Vulture (or Lammergeier) Gypaetus barbatus (Linnaeus, 1758). Length is approx. 89 mm, wing span (if the wings were fully stretched out) approx. 170 mm, so the scale would be between 1:11 and 1:14 based on body length and 1:14 - 1:16 based on wing span. The human figure ("European Father" from Los Amigos del Mundo) is approx. 1:13 - 1:14 scale.

Edit 2017-02-06: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

I like the colors of this figure. I Spain his name is Bone breaker  ^-^.

critter

Fantastic pictures! It's so nice to see a comprehensive set of photos of this new figure. I'm really looking forward to getting it. Thank you!

brontodocus

Thanks in return, critter! :) Yes, that's part of the goal of such walk-arounds, to give a comprehensive overview - I hope to see lots and lots of walk-arounds of figures I'm still not sure about wether to buy them or not! ;)

AnimalToyForum

Bone breaker?  So it's no coincidence that this figure is clutching a bone. It looks like a bone anyway - some sort of femur?

brontodocus

Yes, apparently they lift large bones in the air and drop them from high altitude to crack them open. The Name "Lammergeier" comes from German "Lämmergeier" and would translate into "Lamb Vulture" because it was (falsely) thought to prey on lambs.

Varanus

Wow, I never knew there was a figure of this species other than the K&M one! :o