Author Topic: Basking Shark ( Nayab)  (Read 5508 times)

OkapiBoy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Basking Shark ( Nayab)
« on: September 30, 2014, 01:39:01 AM »
A beautiful figure of the basking shark, a large filter feeder shark. I believe it is a Nayab (Lontic?) figure.
[]

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: Basking Shark ( Nayab)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »
It is a Lontic/Nayab. I have the set of 12. The local store that had the two box sets last year just recently put their remainder stock back out.

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »
A beautieful model!!Congrats for this catch!! I hope i can find this set too :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:05 PM »
Really beautiful figure. One of the best replicas of this animal  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 01:49:15 PM »
Wonderful! :) Nayab surely can make some good sharks and this seems to be one of their best.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:52:42 PM »
It is a Lontic/Nayab. I have the set of 12. The local store that had the two box sets last year just recently put their remainder stock back out.

Are these sharks sold it sets of four? When I was at Monterey Bay, CA several of the touristy shops had these nice shark figures, including what I remember as this one. Each box set had four species (incl the six gill shark if I remember correctly). I looked all over the box but I'd be darned if I could find a company name.
The back of the boxes illustrated several marine animals that the stores didn't sell, including a couple crustaceans which, if made in the same quality as the sharks, would've been nice!

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »

Are these sharks sold it sets of four? When I was at Monterey Bay, CA several of the touristy shops had these nice shark figures, including what I remember as this one. Each box set had four species (incl the six gill shark if I remember correctly). I looked all over the box but I'd be darned if I could find a company name.
The back of the boxes illustrated several marine animals that the stores didn't sell, including a couple crustaceans which, if made in the same quality as the sharks, would've been nice!

I found them in box sets of 6, but Lontic/Nayab is a company that likely shows up in a variety of ways.
One set is this:

The other is this:

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 03:24:20 PM »

I found them in box sets of 6, but Lontic/Nayab is a company that likely shows up in a variety of ways.
One set is this:

The other is this:

Yes, those are the figures (but I think I saw them in sets of 4, now I cant remember). I saw them in a few tourist shops along Cannery Row in Monterey Bay (they may have been sold at the Aquarium too I cant remember).

Im happy you have them; when I saw them Sean you were the first person to come to mind haha.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:34:03 PM by bmathison1972 »

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 05:57:20 PM »
Wow :)

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »

Yes, those are the figures (but I think I saw them in sets of 4, now I cant remember). I saw them in a few tourist shops along Cannery Row in Monterey Bay (they may have been sold at the Aquarium too I cant remember).

Im happy you have them; when I saw them Sean you were the first person to come to mind haha.

I'm hopeful that this year brings some new Lontic figures to the store--the company seems to order form whoever supplies them, and they bring in lots of toys for the holiday season--here's hoping for more of the unusual marine sets! They had the arctic sets and some dinos last year as well. With any luck, rays and eels, oh my!

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »
I really want it! I own the safari one but i dont find it almost as accurate.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal