This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Thomson's gazelle cow (Schleich - Wild Life).  (Read 2923 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Thomson's gazelle cow (Schleich - Wild Life).
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:43:10 AM »
Hello friends, these are the figures of Thomson's gazelle cow (Eudorcas thomsonii) GŁnther, 1884 of Schleich - Wild Life. Total lenght is 80 mm. This figure was relased in 2009 and it is retired currently. The Thomson's gazelle lives in Africa's savannas and grassland habitats, particularly the Serengeti region of Kenya and Tanzania. It has narrow habitat preferences, preferring short grassland with dry, sturdy foundation. It does, however, migrate into tall grassland and dense woodland. Gazelles are mixed feeders. In the wet seasons, they eat mainly fresh grasses, but during the dry seasons, they eat more browse, particularly foliage from bushes, forbs, and clovers.

Schleich are one of the oldest brands that they do figures currently. They have done new figures of some old replicas even their cubs, calfs and juveniles. This replica is one of their old figures. This figure is a very nice replica. The proportions of this figure are nice from my point of view. The stand of this figure is nice. I think that it are one of the best replicas of this specie. I bought this figure in a store of Madrid (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:44:03 AM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson's gazelle cow (Schleich - Wild Life).
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »
I like gazelles figurines but i wish the major brands would sometimes produce more unusual gazelle species  :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
That's a really nice one, Jetoar (and I still don't have a Thomson's Gazelle figure)! :)
I like gazelles figurines but i wish the major brands would sometimes produce more unusual gazelle species  :)
Agreed! Has any company ever made a Gerenuk?

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »
Thanks, it is a beutiful figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal