This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Coelacanth ( Kaiyodo Aquatales)  (Read 4226 times)

OkapiBoy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Coelacanth ( Kaiyodo Aquatales)
« on: September 30, 2014, 01:34:55 AM »
Here is series 1 Kaiyodo Aquatales Coelacanth in all of her glory! It's a polyresin figure like most of the series. It's a beautiful figure.
[]

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
Re: Coelacanth ( Kaiyodo Aquatales)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »
Congratulations, a fine model!! :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »
Really amazing figure  ^-^. I dont have figures of coelacanth nowadays but, this is one of my favorites  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:34:07 PM »
Isn't it a gorgeous figure? And I guess it's the first ever figure of a juvenile coelacanth. Simply wonderful and a superb walk-around as always, too, OkapiBoy! 8)

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:51:23 PM »
Isn't it a gorgeous figure? And I guess it's the first ever figure of a juvenile coelacanth. Simply wonderful and a superb walk-around as always, too, OkapiBoy! 8)

How do you know it is a juvenile?

I have been resisting--I have several coelacanths, after all, but it's just so pretty!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 12:10:37 AM »

I have been resisting--I have several coelacanths, after all, but it's just so pretty!
I forgot where but somewhere I've read this figure listed as Indonesian Coelacanth (fingerling). But a juvenile Indonesian coelacanth has been filmed and it looks the same as the figure with proportionally larger fins, especially the dorsals, pectorals, and anal ones, and they also have a lighter coloured margin. I only found a very small photo right now, the specimen was approx. a foot long:

postsaurischian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:37:20 AM »

I forgot where but somewhere I've read this figure listed as Indonesian Coelacanth (fingerling). But a juvenile Indonesian coelacanth has been filmed and it looks the same as the figure with proportionally larger fins, especially the dorsals, pectorals, and anal ones, and they also have a lighter coloured margin. I only found a very small photo right now, the specimen was approx. a foot long:

When you order this figure from HLJ, it says "Coelacanth (Fingerling)" on the bill.

sbell

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 04:42:46 AM »
I never realized it was L. menadoensis. Now it's on my list.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal