This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Leatherback Turtle (Collecta - Sea Life).  (Read 4530 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Leatherback Turtle (Collecta - Sea Life).
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Leatherback Turtle (Dermochelys coriacea) Vandelli, 1761 of Collecta - Sea Life. Total lenght is 100 mm. This figure was relased in 2014 and it is avaliable. Leatherback Turtles is a species with a cosmopolitan global range. Of all the extant sea turtle species, D. coriacea has the widest distribution, reaching as far north as Alaska and Norway and as far south as Cape Agulhas in Africa and the southernmost tip of New Zealand. Leatherback turtles can be found primarily in the open ocean. Scientists tracked a leatherback turtle that swam from Indonesia to the U.S. in an epic 20,000 km (12,000 mi) foraging journey over a period of 647 days.

Collecta is a young brand of figures, but in his short time of existence, they have done a lot of figures of different species of animals (included rare species of dinosaurs and animals). In their category of sea life, they have included the Leatherback Turtle . This figure is a nice representation of this animal. The colors are exact and the details are nice and the sculpture is awesome. I think that it is one of the best figures of this animal and a good acquistion for sea turtles collectors.  I bought this figure in a toy store of Madrid (Spain) one month ago ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Leatherback Turtle (Collecta - Sea Life).
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:55:15 AM »
Nice, so we got two Leatherback Turtle figures from major brands this year!  :) With its comparatively large head somehow this figure seems to represent an immature specimen.

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »
Congratulations, a beautieful leatherback turtle!! :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
Nice, so we got two Leatherback Turtle figures from major brands this year!  :) With its comparatively large head somehow this figure seems to represent an immature specimen.

Thanks Brontodocus, I didnt know this information  ^-^.

stargatedalek

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 01:13:44 AM »
very nice, and although I prefer the Papo version I'd love to have this one someday
leatherback are our only (not counting rare visits) native sea turtles, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them

something just seems off about it, probably the size of the head as brontodocus said, but could it also be the hind limbs are a bit large?

OkapiBoy

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 02:36:13 AM »
I just got mine and love it! Its a beautiful model.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 12:49:09 AM »
Thanks friends, it is a really nice model even with the Papo version  ^-^.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal