News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Papo lion and snow leopard

Started by WiseWolf, September 24, 2014, 11:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseWolf

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows when the new roaring lion and snow leopard by Papo are going to be released in the UK? I saw the images of them months ago but have been unable to find them for sale anywhere to date, either in shops or online. Anyone know anything about them?

brontodocus

While I don't know much about UK sellers, here in Germany the Snow Leopard became available over a month ago and the Roaring Lion is available for a week or so. So by now they should both be available in the UK, too. At least most online stores in Germany would also ship to the UK but I would only do that if you really can't find them in the UK.

sphyrna18

I haven't seen them in the US yet, either, but it shouldn't be long now.

WiseWolf

I eventually found these on eBay in December. In the UK (at least in my area), it's very hard to get hold of anything but Schleich - they are the only company I ever see in shops. For anything else, I have to search eBay or elsewhere on the net. I was very pleased with the snow leopard, but the lion is nowhere near as good as it looks in pictures, has a very obvious join-line where the lower jaw meets the head.

brontodocus

Quote from: WiseWolf on March 24, 2015, 05:32:17 PM
but the lion is nowhere near as good as it looks in pictures, has a very obvious join-line where the lower jaw meets the head.
I had similar thoughts about the jaw of the Roaring Lion when I wrote the walk-around of it. But it seems the figure is still quite popular nonetheless.

Jetoar

Quote from: WiseWolf on March 24, 2015, 05:32:17 PM
I eventually found these on eBay in December. In the UK (at least in my area), it's very hard to get hold of anything but Schleich - they are the only company I ever see in shops. For anything else, I have to search eBay or elsewhere on the net. I was very pleased with the snow leopard, but the lion is nowhere near as good as it looks in pictures, has a very obvious join-line where the lower jaw meets the head.

When I was in London this summer, I only saw Schleich figures in the stores.....I dont know very well why I couldnĀ“t find figures of Collecta or other brands.... ???
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures