News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by AnimalToyForum, September 18, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercules beetle

Let me just say, i love that glow in the dark mudpuppy, another thing that sort of caught my eye  was that worm life cycle, very unique indeed...

bmathison1972

actually the earthworm life cycle is not unique...Insect Lore did one years ago  8)

WiseWolf

Some nice figures there, I particularly like the jaguar and the flaming horse. The puma doesn't look quite right, though, too heavy-bodied.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 17, 2014, 06:10:08 PM
actually the earthworm life cycle is not unique...Insect Lore did one years ago  8)

Hmm, do we have an Insect Lore thread?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on October 18, 2014, 11:26:56 AM

Most of the stuff Insect Lore made are crafts and such for kids or rearing/viewing materials for live insects. They did however make a series of very nice life cycles: earthworm, ant, silkworm moth, painted lady butterfly, mantis, ladybug, darkling beetle...maybe a frog too (cant remember).

brontodocus

I have zero Insect Lore figures but I'd love to see a thread about them - especially since collectors' photos may help to decide if I want to get some of them and which of them. :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on October 18, 2014, 12:29:38 PM
I have zero Insect Lore figures but I'd love to see a thread about them - especially since collectors' photos may help to decide if I want to get some of them and which of them. :)

I have all the arthropod life cycles and will eventually post them within their appropriate taxonomic places lol

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 18, 2014, 12:36:30 PM
I have all the arthropod life cycles and will eventually post them within their appropriate taxonomic places lol
Great, I was hoping for that! :)

Hercules beetle

Its good to see them make some more fish other than sharks. i still need their ocean sunfish and flying fish. but anyways, love that goliath grouper  8)

Scottish Sungazer

The Ant Life Cycle, does anyone have this? I would be very keen to add this to my collection.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 18, 2014, 11:54:27 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on October 18, 2014, 11:26:56 AM

Most of the stuff Insect Lore made are crafts and such for kids or rearing/viewing materials for live insects. They did however make a series of very nice life cycles: earthworm, ant, silkworm moth, painted lady butterfly, mantis, ladybug, darkling beetle...maybe a frog too (cant remember).

DolphinsAreJerks

Quote from: sbell on September 21, 2014, 02:43:41 PM

Overall? They suck. Is that too harsh? No, because from an animal-collector POV, they suck. Tools? Wow.

Unless you count the Chinese Zodiac toob (if you're from another part of Asia? Sorry, your animals don't count). And I won't, because it probably means an astrological-sign toob is coming.

Yeah, I'm disappointed at the lack of new animal toobs. Personally I would've loved a canine toob, or a cats one. Or anything that can fit in a vaquita.

And what's with the family toob? The way they dress makes it seem like they're in a cult.

AnimalToyForum

Darn, most of the images have gone. I need to start hosting images in threads like this myself to ensure they stay there in perpetuity.