News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Hippopotamus, male (Papo - Wild Animals)

Started by postsaurischian, December 26, 2012, 02:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Ana

Great photos and I really like this figure! :D Perhaps the nicest hippopotamus in toy market :D Thank You for sharing! I'm surprised this model is not in my collection yet, I will try to change it soon  ::)

animaltoyforum

Wonderful figure - Papo are really on top of their game  :)

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

It's a wonderful and very dramatic figure, one of Papo's best! :) And of course great photos, Helge! 8)

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on December 27, 2012, 12:30:13 AM
It's a wonderful and very dramatic figure, one of Papo's best! :) And of course great photos, Helge! 8)

Yes, he is one the best of Papo.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Battatitan

Definetly one of the best hippos out there.  :)) And I never noticed how his right hind foot was picked up, that's a really cool touch.  :o

Dragonwolf

A collector's dream come true. A dentist's nightmare.

Dragonwolf

Awesome figure. Pefectly in scale with the Schleich African elephant and the Safari rhinos.

brontodocus

Quote from: Dragonwolf on October 19, 2014, 07:18:58 PM
Awesome figure. Pefectly in scale with the Schleich African elephant and the Safari rhinos.
The rhinos (current versions of WS Wildlife Indian, Black, and White Rhinos) more or less fall into the same scale... But to have an African (Bush) Elephant that's in scale with the Papo hippo you'd probably need something bigger than normal Schleich. The hippo has a shoulder height of approx. 68 mm, so its scale should be around 1/20 to 1/24. Actually the Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders African Elephant would fit better. That's an elephant figure that's really in scale with many 1/20ish animal figures! :)

Dragonwolf

Quote from: brontodocus on October 19, 2014, 11:23:55 PM
Quote from: Dragonwolf on October 19, 2014, 07:18:58 PM
The rhinos (current versions of WS Wildlife Indian, Black, and White Rhinos) more or less fall into the same scale... But to have an African (Bush) Elephant that's in scale with the Papo hippo you'd probably need something bigger than normal Schleich. The hippo has a shoulder height of approx. 68 mm, so its scale should be around 1/20 to 1/24. Actually the Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders African Elephant would fit better. That's an elephant figure that's really in scale with many 1/20ish animal figures! :)
Really? I always thought the Schleich and Papo African elephants are almost the same scale. That's why I didn't bother to purchase the Papo version. But if you're referring to the Wildlife Wonders models, won't that African elephant dwarfed the Papo Hippo? Aren't those the big hollow models? They look nice, but I don't intend to start another scale of animal figures. Thank you for your advice though.