News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

avatar_postsaurischian

Shoebill (Eikoh - Miniatureplanet)

Started by postsaurischian, August 21, 2014, 04:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

 My favourite bird :)!
This one is about 'Kaiyodo Animatales'-sized.




















... compared to the Phat! Doki Doki Doubutu figure:




Newt

Rotten lungfish-murdering brute!  >:( 


It's a very nice figurine, though. Good job on the photos too; do you mind sharing your setup?

postsaurischian

I'm sorry for the lungfish :-[ ;D, but birds are the crown of creation.

Do you mean sharing with the STS Forum? I could do that.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 21, 2014, 08:16:00 PM
Do you mean sharing with the STS Forum? I could do that.
I believe Newt is interested to know how you made your brilliant photos, Helge. :)

And what a great walk-around you did again! :D It seems that your figure stands better than mine, I had to do some hot water treatment but it's still leaning a bit too much backward. Did I tell you that the figure is actually in the 1:20 scale range? From bill length and height of the figure I calculated a scale of 1:19 to 1:22. If I may add a photo together with the 1:20 Minimen Andreas Köpke:



So I hope this is good news for you (and for everyone else who is into collecting 1/20 scale animal figures).  :)

postsaurischian

Great pic, Andre :)! After the shooting I realized that I forgot to take one with Andi. Thanks for sharing!


Quote from: brontodocus on August 21, 2014, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 21, 2014, 08:16:00 PM
Do you mean sharing with the STS Forum? I could do that.
I believe Newt is interested to know how you made your brilliant photos, Helge. :)

Oops ... it's a Sony DSC-HX100V, sunlight from transverse above, a piece of grey cardboard and a fat Picasso book from behind to curl the cardboard.


Quote from: brontodocus on August 21, 2014, 08:56:00 PM
Did I tell you that the figure is actually in the 1:20 scale range? From bill length and height of the figure I calculated a scale of 1:19 to 1:22. .......
So I hope this is good news for you (and for everyone else who is into collecting 1/20 scale animal figures).  :)

Another plus of this tiny figure :).

widukind

A beautieful shoebill figurine and the size is much better as from the Phat model. Big congrats also here :)

Newt

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 21, 2014, 09:16:16 PM
Oops ... it's a Sony DSC-HX100V, sunlight from transverse above, a piece of grey cardboard and a fat Picasso book from behind to curl the cardboard.


Thank you!