News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sungazer Lizard: Smaug giganteus (previously Cordylus giganteus)

Started by Scottish Sungazer, August 13, 2014, 11:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottish Sungazer

Anyone know if a model of this species exists?

FULL BODY SHOT

HEAD SHOT

TAIL SHOT

If not, any model makers looking for a challenge - if so message me!!

stargatedalek

stargatedalek

my apologies, it seems my parents tossed it in a yard sale bin last weekend (I'm still taking inventory on what else they might have accidentally sold *ggggrrrr*)

Scottish Sungazer

That is a real shame.

Can you provide me with as much information as you can please, such as manufacturer and series etc, to help me track it down?

stargatedalek

sorry, just "China" written on it, it had a garish bright red and black colour scheme, but it looked very much like that
I think it came from a dollarama, it was sold alongside some other lizards

Newt

For what it's worth, I used this species' limbs as models in a fantasy creature I sculpted.

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 05:48:59 PM
sorry, just "China" written on it, it had a garish bright red and black colour scheme, but it looked very much like that
I think it came from a dollarama, it was sold alongside some other lizards

I think I've seen those--if it's the one I'm thinking about I've seen them as part of a set of generic, agama-like lizards. Assuming it is the larger, hollow ones I'm thinking of.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sbell on August 15, 2014, 01:19:22 AM
I think I've seen those--if it's the one I'm thinking about I've seen them as part of a set of generic, agama-like lizards. Assuming it is the larger, hollow ones I'm thinking of.
thats probably it, nearly a foot long, hollow, and I think the others in the set were a rather generic iguana and a very chuckwalla reminiscent lizard

sbell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 15, 2014, 02:35:04 AM
Quote from: sbell on August 15, 2014, 01:19:22 AM
thats probably it, nearly a foot long, hollow, and I think the others in the set were a rather generic iguana and a very chuckwalla reminiscent lizard

Okay, then I know the one. It wouldn't make a good sungazer.

Is it this one (or something similar)?:

Scottish Sungazer

Thanks for your help guys.

I am really looking for a good quality / likeness model to use on my S.O.S. (Save Our Sungazers) Campaign Stall. You can find out more information at www.saveoursungazers.com

stargatedalek

^yep, those are the lizards, not half bad for what they are

that sounds so cool, best of luck finding one (did you check Morgan Reptile Replicas?)

Scottish Sungazer

Yes I have had a look at their web site and they do not do this species.

stargatedalek

thats unfortunate

I managed to find one actually labelled as a sungazer, but its, well, uh, see for yourself...
http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_6990.jpg

I couldn't find any well detailed high quality ones, sorry

Scottish Sungazer

sbell

I'm guessing that if anyone makes/made a convincing one, it would be AAA. Which would mean it will also be really hard to search for.

sbell

I found this at Veghead, if you're in the US

http://www.veghead.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_9&products_id=416

I can't be sure if it is a sungazer--the figures are not perfect.

brontodocus

Quote from: sbell on August 16, 2014, 07:02:34 AM
I found this at Veghead, if you're in the US

http://www.veghead.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_9&products_id=416

I can't be sure if it is a sungazer--the figures are not perfect.

That's been cast from some species of Asian rock agama, Laudakia stellio or another member of that genus. Tyrantqueen reviewed the figure here and I have it, too.