News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Colorata

Started by Sim, October 04, 2023, 09:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Colorata can be discussed in this thread.

First, I have two questions:

1. I recently saw the Colorata Philippine eagle and read that it was part of a raptor set.  However when I searched for the raptor set online, it shows just five figures and the Philippine eagle isn't among them, as can be seen here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204416503039  Was this set changed at some point with the removal of the Philippine eagle?  Where there other species besides the five shown in the link?

2. I'm interested in the Colorata penguins of the world set.  Do any of the figures in that set need assembly?

bmathison1972

Yes, the Raptors set was released twice. First in 2005 with the Philippine eagle and then again in 2015 without it. You can see the make-up of the two sets here:

https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/Colorata_Raptors

And no, none of the Colorata penguins require assembly. I reviewed the entire set on the ATB here: https://animaltoyforum.com/blog/penguins-of-the-world-colorata/

sbell

It's not uncommon for Colorata to re-release sets with changes. Usually fewer figures but not always. I noticed that their Saltwater fish set is listed as new on their site, leading me to believe something is different but not sure what (I have the original release). This would be at least the 3rd version now

JimoAi

Also, I've noticed there hasn't a new figure box from Colorata since 2020 and I wonder what has happened to them

sbell

Quote from: JimoAi on October 05, 2023, 02:23:43 AMAlso, I've noticed there hasn't a new figure box from Colorata since 2020 and I wonder what has happened to them

That is strange. Figure production and development seemed to take a hit for many companies around then.
Maybe their regional boxes weren't big sellers? I know I don't have any, I found them too expensive for sets that only included a couple figures I was interested in.

JimoAi

Quote from: sbell on October 05, 2023, 04:54:08 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on October 05, 2023, 02:23:43 AMAlso, I've noticed there hasn't a new figure box from Colorata since 2020 and I wonder what has happened to them

That is strange. Figure production and development seemed to take a hit for many companies around then.
Maybe their regional boxes weren't big sellers? I know I don't have any, I found them too expensive for sets that only included a couple figures I was interested in.

agreed and the sizes of the figure were really tiny. Also they soft hinted a dangerous sea animal set with new merch of dangerous sea animals in the 2020s but it seems it went nowhere

Sim

Thanks for the info bmathison1972 and sbell!  Is there any difference between the older and newer Colorata penguins set?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on October 05, 2023, 04:18:03 PMThanks for the info bmathison1972 and sbell!  Is there any difference between the older and newer Colorata penguins set?

I don't think so. I have the newer Colorata penguin set and they all have the original date stamp on them

Sable Antelope

Does the Colorata website ship to the US?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sable Antelope on October 07, 2023, 11:10:15 PMDoes the Colorata website ship to the US?

I don't think the Colorata website ships to individuals at all, but rather online retailers. But I could be wrong. I've never heard of people using Colorata's site for personal orders. Maybe @sbell knows.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 07, 2023, 11:12:08 PM
Quote from: Sable Antelope on October 07, 2023, 11:10:15 PMDoes the Colorata website ship to the US?

I don't think the Colorata website ships to individuals at all, but rather online retailers. But I could be wrong. I've never heard of people using Colorata's site for personal orders. Maybe @sbell knows.

They don't ship outside of Japan (I've never looked, but I don't know if they bother with the international standard testing). Definitely findable in some places like Hong Kong, or with buying services like what @brettnj does.