News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Reviews and walk-arounds: instructions

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 24, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

I am not sure what the best method is to deal with it, but looking over the 'Miscellaneous' section of the walkarounds, it appears that almost half (9/21, so technically 3/7ths) are still Safari figures (from several lines of course).

That just seems like it could become confusing, in particular if someone is trying to find one; it just seems that Safari is a large enough company that no one would expect them to be tucked away in the particular Child Board.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: sbell on January 30, 2013, 12:00:18 AM
I am not sure what the best method is to deal with it, but looking over the 'Miscellaneous' section of the walkarounds, it appears that almost half (9/21, so technically 3/7ths) are still Safari figures (from several lines of course).

That just seems like it could become confusing, in particular if someone is trying to find one; it just seems that Safari is a large enough company that no one would expect them to be tucked away in the particular Child Board.

Yes, you are right, I'll could create a "safari Ltd - other" board? All those in favour say "aye".  :))

postsaurischian

"aye" :)
                  ..... and we could file 'Monterey Bay Aquarium' and 'Vanishing Wild' under there. I think we have a bit too much of Safari sections.
                    Imagine we would have an extra board for every Kaiyodo line ;D. Too much.

..... oh, and we definitely need a Yujin section sooner or later :)!

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 30, 2013, 09:25:22 PM
         "aye" :)
                  ..... and we could file 'Monterey Bay Aquarium' and 'Vanishing Wild' under there. I think we have a bit too much of Safari sections.
                    Imagine we would have an extra board for every Kaiyodo line ;D. Too much.

..... oh, and we definitely need a Yujin section sooner or later :)!

AYE!

And agreed about the Yujin.

Also, an Epoch section. I'm going to make sure it's necessary (it might take a while--I have to pack up and move in the next month--but I will do it!). Probably Bandai too.

brontodocus

Aye! :) Oh, and Aye-aye, too ;D, I agree there are probably too many Safari sections...

AnimalToyForum

'Safari Ltd- Other lines' board created, see: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/board,42.0.html

I sunk VW into it, as that board had only one review.

I'm wondering if a way forward might be to have child boards within child boards. Then we can literally have a separate board for each line, be it Safari, Kaiyodo, or whatever, without clogging up the main forum page.

It would mean better organisation, but more clicking. We can see how the current format holds up in the meantime :)

AnimalToyForum

As suggested, I've added a Yujin board: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/board,43.0.html
I moved the Yujin walk-arounds there, but there was only review one so far :)

AnimalToyForum

postsaurischian

Should we have a 'TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S.' board :)?

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 18, 2013, 06:47:54 PM
Should we have a 'TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S.' board :)?

I would agree--Takara has become a pretty significant animal toy maker recently.

AnimalToyForum

Somehow I only just realised this, but if you are looking for a particular topic in a board, you can sort the topics alphabetically by clicking 'subject' at the top. Might come in handy in the reviews and walk-rounds section... ;)

postsaurischian

Some of the walk-around sections are starting to get unclear.
Would it be possible to arrange the threads in alphabetical order (species)?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 12, 2014, 07:49:41 PM
Some of the walk-around sections are starting to get unclear.
Would it be possible to arrange the threads in alphabetical order (species)?

That's something you can do yourself by clicking 'subject' at the top of the board.  :)

It may be possible for me to make it default...let me check...

postsaurischian

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 12, 2014, 08:33:23 PM
That's something you can do yourself by clicking 'subject' at the top of the board.  :)

:D Cool! I haven't dicovered this yet.
It's perfect that way - no reason to change anything.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 13, 2014, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 12, 2014, 08:33:23 PM

:D Cool! I haven't dicovered this yet.
It's perfect that way - no reason to change anything.

Yes, I didn't realise myself until I started looking into a way to order topics alphabetically. Such a simple solution in the end :)

brontodocus

:o Oh, wow, I've just tried it and it works! 8)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on January 13, 2014, 08:16:37 PM
:o Oh, wow, I've just tried it and it works! 8)

Cool, huh!? I don't know if there's a way to set it alphabetically as default, but at least it makes it easier to find the walkaround you're looking for, so long as you know the animal name. This is why it is important all the walkaround titles have the same format :)

AnimalToyForum

The instructions above are moot now that we're winding down the reviews and walk-arounds section of the forum. Instead, consider submitting a review to our Animal Toy Blog, instructions are here: http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/submit-a-review/