News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Koala, version 1 (Schleich - Wild Life)

Started by AnimalToyForum, January 03, 2013, 09:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Here's a walk-around of the now-retired koala bear by Schleich. I've dubbed it version 1 as a new version of the koala, with a baby in arms, will be released by Scheich later this year (2013). It will be interesting to compare old and new...
The old version 1 may therefore become a collectors item with time.

The facial expression is that of satisfaction, almost smugness, I'd say.

It has been pointed out elsewhere on the forum that this figure looks posed to hold some sort of musical instrument, but in absence of such an accessory (I don't have the Safari Ltd instruments 'toob'), a used match will have to do. Don't ask what arsonist koala has enflamed, but I have a feeling it may explain the smug look on his/her face.  :o
Is it a boy or a girl?Does anyone here know how to sex a koala?

Ana

Cute little thing  ^-^
I love koalas, furry, sleepy creatures with their quite toxic diet  ^-^

I think this probably is a female, wikipedia says that males have visible scent gland on chest :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Ana on January 03, 2013, 10:11:29 PM
Cute little thing  ^-^
I love koalas, furry, sleepy creatures with their quite toxic diet  ^-^

I think this probably is a female, wikipedia says that males have visible scent gland on chest :)

Thanks Ana, how interesting, I didn't know that. :) I just checked out some pics of male koalas and the scent gland is really obvious!

brontodocus

Little Koala looks so cute ^-^ and smirks while burning down the house! >:D

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

little koala

Cute, but naughty koala...!

Looks very well crafted. Very interesting info on the scent gland.