News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Iguanian Lizards: Agamids, Chameleons, Iguanids, Swifts, Curly-tails, and kin

Started by Varanus, December 24, 2012, 02:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Thanks for showing this :) I think I prefer the other colour variation though, personally ;D

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Hehe, thinking of it, there are more AAA casts that were made in more than just one colour scheme... The large and small AAA Lobsters were made as green and red versions - or was it, ahem, raw and cooked versions? :o ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brontodocus on December 29, 2012, 08:01:57 PM
Hehe, thinking of it, there are more AAA casts that were made in more than just one colour scheme... The large and small AAA Lobsters were made as green and red versions - or was it, ahem, raw and cooked versions? :o ;D
You monster! ;)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Believe me, it wasn't half as good as it looked. It was tough like a shoe sole (and tasted rubberish)! ;D No, really, I bought the red versions of both the large and small Lobster and then realised that they were made in olive green, too. I would have bought the green ones instead if I had seen that earlier... :-\

Jetoar

This figure is one of my last acquistions of AAA figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

Quote from: brontodocus on December 29, 2012, 05:38:16 PM
AAA "Common Chameleon", Chamaeleonidae gen. sp.; since the head lacks a medial, crest-like elevation it is apparently not Chamaeleo chamaeleon.

Could it be a Graceful Chameleon, Chamaeleo gracilis?

Very cool figure either way. :)

brontodocus

That's possible. :) The size of C. gracilis would fit, too, they can grow to over 300 mm total length.

brontodocus

It's a walk-around of - animaltoyforum's avatar! :o ;D The big Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures Frilled Lizard, Chlamydosaurus kingii Gray, 1827. Total length is approx. 514 mm with a snout-vent length of 240 mm. So the scale is approx. 1:1 - 1:1.5. The figure is hollow and made of a very soft (I'd even say a little too soft) material. Still a huge and impressive figure. Here's its original site at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/incredible-creatures%C2%AE-frilled-lizard

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

The avatar of Adam and my favorite figure of clamidosaur  ^-^.

Ana

this one is so cute  :)) Very nice figure, I love it's pose too :)

brontodocus

When I received it, I was a little puzzled by the colouration (I haven't been keeping reptiles for nearly two decades now) but there are indeed captive bred hypomelanistic forms that really look that reddish or orange. So this figure is more representing a pet than a wild animal... Anyway, here's a walk-around of the 2012 Incredible Creatures (Central) Bearded Dragon, Pogona vitticeps Ahl, 1926. Total length is approx. 309 mm, snout-vent length 134 mm. For an adult specimen the scale would be between 1:1.3 and 1:2. Here's the figure at Safari's original website: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/incredible-creatures%C2%AE-bearded-dragon

Jetoar

I am thinking to buy this figure from my girlfriend because she likes this lizard and she would like to have him as pet  ^-^.

Jetoar

In Spain we have a one specie of Chameleon: Chamaleo chameleo  ;).

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Incredible Creatures Veiled Chameleon, Chamaeleo calyptratus Duméril & Duméril, 1851. It's a male but the head crest can get considerably higher, especially in very large males (they are among the largest chameleons, it's one of the few species that can grow to over 60 cm total length). Total length is difficult to measure along the coiled tail but it's approx. 304 mm, snout-vent length is 139 mm, so the scale would be approx. 1:1 - 1:2. The feet on the grasping front limbs are wrong: Two digits point inward, three outward, it should be the other way round instead. It seems the new IC juvenile Veiled Chameleon has correct front feet, though. :)

Jetoar

I think that this figure is very cool in aspcet but the colors and textures of this are very stranges :-\.

brontodocus

Admittedly, the colour is not too close to the original (I'm still okay with it). With a more yellowish underside the figure would have looked better. The blue colours on the head crest are a little exaggerated, too.

AnimalToyForum

:P  :o and so on. Great figure, shame about the error in the arrangement of digits in the forelimbs.

Varanus

One of I've always thought about getting. :)  I wish they could have done a better job on the butterfly though, to me it looks like it's eating a flower. :-\

brontodocus

Yes, it does... maybe a locust would have been better than a butterfly, too.