News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mermaidgrey's vintage in my pocket collection

Started by mermaidgrey, April 23, 2014, 03:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mermaidgrey

As I mentioned in a previous post, a lot of my childhood toys are missing and scattered about in various obscure places, so this is not my full collection. I thought I would start a thread now, as enough of them have now found their way back to me, and if/when I find more I can add more photos.
Incidentally, is there a section of this forum specifically for childhood figures? I keep stumbling across others that I have and would like to share, but of course they aren't really "recent acquisitions" and I don't want to make a new post for each one either. Has anyone else got any random childhood figures that don't fit into a specific collection but want to share? Should we start a thread for old childhood items?

Anyway, here are my 90's puppy, kitty, bunny and pony in my pocket, along with some animal hospital :) Does anyone know what collection the deer/fawn might be? It's marked M.E.G 1996, as are some of the others, but I don't recall what set it was from.

I don't remember sending off for these (although I suppose I was very young) but other puppy in my pocket sites say these are mail order ones :) one puppy and two variations of an animal hospital.

That's all for now! :)

tyrantqueen

Yep, I remember these. I used to have a dog (a bloodhound maybe?) with a slipper in its mouth. I also had a pink poodle but I'm not sure what brand that was. I remember the jingle from the adverts too, haha.

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

FreshSphere

NikkiinWales

Quote from: mermaidgrey on April 23, 2014, 03:15:43 PM
As I mentioned in a previous post, a lot of my childhood toys are missing and scattered about in various obscure places, so this is not my full collection. I thought I would start a thread now, as enough of them have now found their way back to me, and if/when I find more I can add more photos.
Incidentally, is there a section of this forum specifically for childhood figures? I keep stumbling across others that I have and would like to share, but of course they aren't really "recent acquisitions" and I don't want to make a new post for each one either. Has anyone else got any random childhood figures that don't fit into a specific collection but want to share? Should we start a thread for old childhood items?

Anyway, here are my 90's puppy, kitty, bunny and pony in my pocket, along with some animal hospital :) Does anyone know what collection the deer/fawn might be? It's marked M.E.G 1996, as are some of the others, but I don't recall what set it was from.

I don't remember sending off for these (although I suppose I was very young) but other puppy in my pocket sites say these are mail order ones :) one puppy and two variations of an animal hospital.

That's all for now! :)

Hi there,

I have had one of these deer fawns for years (I am collecting more now!) and I got mine from a Weetabix Weetos cereal promotion in the UK.  The deer is called Bracken and there were several animals available, randomly packed in cereal packets.

Here is a link to the French ones
http://www.mokarex.fr/weetabix_puppy_uk.html
Hope this helps some way.
Nikki

mermaidgrey

Hi, NikkiinWales. Thanks for your reply. The mystery is solved! It makes sense now you mention it, as I have several other kitties in my pocket collected from Weetos too. Bracken is a cute name. Good luck with your collection :D