News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tall blondes, tall brunettes: Okapi and Giraffes

Started by OkapiBoy, December 21, 2012, 07:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbell

Quote from: brontodocus on December 27, 2012, 08:02:53 AM
It must be a very new set, I wasn't aware of it until now. :o Playmobil often releases new sets shortly before Christmas, somewhere around October/November. A few weeks ago I browsed the Playmobil shelves of a big store but I haven't seen it there. The gorilla has shown up in several other sets but I've never seen Playmobil okapis before.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, did you see that the Playmobil hyenas are sold separately now? ;)

I've already got them, of course, but the sold-separately ones are only available to Germany this year. So next year I can probably swell the clan up a lot!

Ana

CollectA okapi male with young are very nice pair of figures :) I took couple of photos of them few months ago and thought it would be nice to share them here  ::)

:) :) :)

brontodocus

Great outside shots, Ana! :) Just like the CollectA Giraffe these look very gracile and elegant compared with other manufacturers' Okapi figures.

postsaurischian

Next to the Wildlife Wonders model, this is my favourite Okapi :). Simply beautiful!

Jetoar

Thanks fro share friend. This figure of Okapi is very cool but the best is WW Okapai, from my point of view  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

OkapiBoy

Nice giraffes, makes me want to collect more of them ;D
Here is a better picture of the Bullyland Okapi and calf

and a vintage Britains okapi

A Couple of tall Blondes :)) CollectA's and Wild Republic

OkapiBoy

Jetoar

OkapiBoy

Papo Giraffe
[

Northern Rose ceramic okapi

Safari mini-charm okapi

Jetoar

OkapiBoy

Jetoar

Quote from: OkapiBoy on February 05, 2013, 07:12:32 AM
the beautiful CollectA giraffe joins the herd

Beautiful giraffe, I like to very much  ^-^.

brontodocus

Time to revive the Okapi & Giraffe thread! :)

I just finished the Canon Creative Park / Pinoart Giraffe cardboard model by Katsuyuki Shiga. This one is available as a free download but be warned, it is definitely not a beginners model and I had a hard time with some parts. :-\ Well, here it is:

Height is approx. 340 mm (would be approx. 355 mm if fully erect) so the scale would be approx. 1:14 - 1:17.
The last photo shows it in comparison with "Garth" & "Grace" from Noah's Pals and giraffes from Wildlife Wonders, Vanishing Wild, and AAA.

AnimalToyForum

It looks wonderful! Don't think I'd have the patience myself!  :-[

Ana

Wow, very impressive work, beautiful giraffe, congratulations! It surely required patience and skill but the effect is wonderful! :D

sauroid

very beautiful. your other giraffes are also very nice. :)

Takama

My first Giraffe figure since I was a kid.   I got this because it was made in 2010, and I decided to collect animals that are as old as 2007.

As the name suggests he is looking upwards with his tung out trying to feed on a trees leaves.

Takama

That is a Great Picture Andre.

Here are my two figures that are fit for this Topic

OkapiBoy

Quote from: brontodocus on January 03, 2014, 11:27:42 AM
Time to revive the Okapi & Giraffe thread! :)

I just finished the Canon Creative Park / Pinoart Giraffe cardboard model by Katsuyuki Shiga. This one is available as a free download but be warned, it is definitely not a beginners model and I had a hard time with some parts. :-\ Well, here it is:

Height is approx. 340 mm (would be approx. 355 mm if fully erect) so the scale would be approx. 1:14 - 1:17.
The last photo shows it in comparison with "Garth" & "Grace" from Noah's Pals and giraffes from Wildlife Wonders, Vanishing Wild, and AAA.

Nice, and unusual in that it's paper! Impressive patience there, I don't think I have it to make something like this one. Great addition to your herd ^-^

Jetoar

Nice figure with a cool stand. Feeding animals figure are curious  ^-^.