News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ancient Fishes project

Started by Newt, April 17, 2014, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

I'm here!

Unfortunately, I have not made any progress on this project. I have foolishly over-committed myself to various art projects with attached deadlines and have been spending all my spare time on those, with no time for personal projects. I do still intend to go forward with this series...eventually.

I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, demands, anything! 

sbell

Just wondering, Newt, how things are going with the bowfin?

I've had the good fortune to get my hands on several ancient fishes in 3D printed form (including paddlefish and featherfins), but still no Bowfin.

And now that I've seen live ones for the first time (at a pet store no less) I really need a bowfin to round out the ancient aquarium (not literally--I don't have them all crammed into a fish tank or anything).

Newt

I'm sorry to say I've not done anything with the fishes. However, I have not forgotten about this project. When the weather warms a little more, the bowfin will move up into the shallows and I'm going to do my best to nab a couple of different sizes to be my live models. I have some tanks and stock tubs ready for them. I'll try to get some spotted and/or shortnose gar at the same time. I'm hoping to enlist some of my fisherman friends to help too.

I'm glad to hear you're still interested! I realize it's been a year since I proposed this project and it's pretty lame of me not to have moved forward with it since then.

sbell

Quote from: Newt on February 11, 2015, 05:31:26 PM
I'm sorry to say I've not done anything with the fishes. However, I have not forgotten about this project. When the weather warms a little more, the bowfin will move up into the shallows and I'm going to do my best to nab a couple of different sizes to be my live models. I have some tanks and stock tubs ready for them. I'll try to get some spotted and/or shortnose gar at the same time. I'm hoping to enlist some of my fisherman friends to help too.

I'm glad to hear you're still interested! I realize it's been a year since I proposed this project and it's pretty lame of me not to have moved forward with it since then.

I definitely am! Even if I had 3D models of the fish I would still want your versions as well!

But bowfin! Still don't have any version of those (other than a Whittier decoys model).