News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favicon and topic icon

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 06, 2012, 02:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What critter should be featured on the ATF favicon?

Insect
0 (0%)
Horse
0 (0%)
Dog
1 (7.1%)
Cat
1 (7.1%)
Reptile
2 (14.3%)
Amphibian
1 (7.1%)
Whale/dolphin
1 (7.1%)
Fish
2 (14.3%)
Spider
0 (0%)
Other (please state)
2 (14.3%)
Bird
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

AnimalToyForum

I need to pick an image for the ATF favicon, the little icon that shows in the top bar in the browser. On the DTF it is an Invicta Brachiosaurus. Any preferences what creature we should use here? I was thinking of an insect but I'm open to ideas. Or a horse!? I want something representative of animal toys in general, if such a critter exists...

I set up a poll of general options  8)

Jetoar

I am thinking in Humpback whale of Schleich. He is impressive, big and beutiful, from my point of view  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

A bird!  ;D

I rather like the idea of an insect too.  :)

brontodocus

Only one vote? :'( :) Hard to decide, there are many nice figures coming up... I've voted for something fishy, though... Hey, at least Safari Ltd. is making a sunfish for 2013! :D

sbell

I say a fish. And not just some sad little perch. We need a gar or lungfish or sturgeon. A real fish with history!

Takama

An Elephant, Cuz all of the avaible options could make it look like its for a specific collections.

An insect, makesi it look like an insect forum

water critters make it look like a water forum

and dog make it look like a comunity for dogs

An elephant should do.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Himmapaan on December 07, 2012, 12:30:03 AM
A bird!  ;D

I rather like the idea of an insect too.  :)

:-[ For shame. Added option to the poll.

tyrantqueen

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Jetoar

Not be a surprise  ^-^.

Himmapaan

Or why not an unusual ungulate? Like a takin or some such...

AnimalToyForum

Anything that fits perfectly into a square icon would be good. I'm liking the elephant suggestion - distinctive even as a little icon, I imagine :)

Varanus

I voted amphibian just to change things up. :)

Himmapaan

A fish does seem most appropriate, especially from a biological standpoint. Though for me, it feels as though it rather gives off the air of a forum for, well, fisher folk, more than anything else. ;D

sbell

Quote from: Himmapaan on December 08, 2012, 04:28:09 AM
A fish does seem most appropriate, especially from a biological standpoint. Though for me, it feels as though it rather gives off the air of a forum for, well, fisher folk, more than anything else. ;D

But since most forums seem to cater more to mammal and bird people anyway, it might be a decent change up. Fish and bugs need more attention!

AnimalToyForum

But nobody had voted for insect or spider yet. There's no overwhelming majority yet. I think I agree that a fish is more representative of fisher-folk than toy-folk.

It might be a stretch, but how about a rocking horse or a teddy bear? Something like that?

brontodocus

Well, there are only eight votes so far, I guess the more votes the more significant the result. Maybe. Urgh, and I completely misunderstood the topic (reading the first post thoroughly might have helped), I simply didn't know what a favicon is... :-[ Still being on the fishy side. ;D

AnimalToyForum

Hehe. On the DTF it looks like this:

tyrantqueen

Quote from: brontodocus on December 09, 2012, 12:03:53 PM
Well, there are only eight votes so far, I guess the more votes the more significant the result. Maybe. Urgh, and I completely misunderstood the topic (reading the first post thoroughly might have helped), I simply didn't know what a favicon is... :-[ Still being on the fishy side. ;D
Well, speaking of teddy bears, I do collect those. Could I post my collection here?  :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

AnimalToyForum

I'll also need to settle on a critter for the topic icons (on the DTF it is a Papo rex head). So, I'm looking for two animals, in fact, one for the favicon, one for the topic icons! Cast your vote in the poll to have your say!

Jetoar

I think that a good options well be a Dolphin or another sea creature for favicon and for the topic a Bird (mojo griffin vulture is a beautiful figure) from my point of view.