Author Topic: Rainbow fishes  (Read 5256 times)

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: Rainbow fishes
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »
the title should probably be changed to "rainbow of fishes"
I was rather confused upon first reading and seeing no rainbow fish :P

I too was surprised, twice, first by seeing an entire thread devoted to melanotaeniids, and then by seeing it devoted to all fish except sharks.

Would somebody be kind enough to identify the maker of these tetras?

It's a freshwater fish line from Bandai. There were also some guppies and cory cats. I think there were 4 paint variants of each sculpt.

Halichoeres

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »

I too was surprised, twice, first by seeing an entire thread devoted to melanotaeniids, and then by seeing it devoted to all fish except sharks.

It's a freshwater fish line from Bandai. There were also some guppies and cory cats. I think there were 4 paint variants of each sculpt.

Thanks! I might have to pick some up. Although they seem to be missing their adipose fins.

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 03:45:41 AM »

Thanks! I might have to pick some up. Although they seem to be missing their adipose fins.

They vary in their availability...I've never pursued them, but the one cory I have is nice. And the base is quite elaborate for a small fish!

Apparently there were secrets as well...you can get the whole set of 15 right here! https://lavitsfigure.com/products/bandai-dg-digital-grade-tropical-fish-gashapon-15-trading-collection-figure-set

Halichoeres

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 06:14:02 PM »
Thanks for the link, Sean. Having just completed a dissertation on tetras, I feel like I should have a few tetras. I picked up these and the Marmit bottle cap figures. Maybe when all the Safari dinosaurs are available I'll add their piranha.

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »
I have to recommend the Safari piranha, I have one and quite adore it.

I've looked at those Bandai fish in the past but I could never justify buying the entire set for myself with so many being repaints. Can't wait to see some up close shots and have some ID's.
Upcoming start-up figurine line, feedback wanted: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1991.new#new

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 10:39:26 PM »

I've looked at those Bandai fish in the past but I could never justify buying the entire set for myself with so many being repaints. Can't wait to see some up close shots and have some ID's.

I will second this for two reasons--1) FISH! FIGURES! 2) It is really nice...and piranha are strangely uncommon as far as figures go, given their popularity and familiarity. The Kaiyodo bottlecap one is of course better... ;)

Halichoeres

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »

I will second this for two reasons--1) FISH! FIGURES! 2) It is really nice...and piranha are strangely uncommon as far as figures go, given their popularity and familiarity. The Kaiyodo bottlecap one is of course better... ;)

I looked that one up and it was like $100. It's a nice figure, but jeez. Kinda wanna pick up the dorado, too.

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 11:23:42 PM »

I looked that one up and it was like $100. It's a nice figure, but jeez. Kinda wanna pick up the dorado, too.

The piranha is expensive, yeah. I was able to get a Dorado of YAJ for fairly cheap, but of course those fluctuate a lot.