Author Topic: Mojo Fun - New for 2018  (Read 436 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mojo Fun - New for 2018
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
No one has started a Mojo thread, so I guess I will. I admit, I am snagging these from STS Forum. If anyone from Mojo objects to them being here, I will delete the images promptly.

In no particular order:

black bear, cub

rabbit, standing

domestic turkey

Jack Russell terrier

rabbit, laying

great-horned owl

Labrador, adult

Labrador, puppy

otter

chameleon

cobra [looks like a king cobra]

Friesian, gelding

manta ray

spotted eagle ray

chimpanzee

humphead wrasse

Shibba Enu

thoroughbred horse

Dutch warmblood

mustangs (two color forms)

elephant seal

walrus

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:43:41 PM by bmathison1972 »

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
Re: Mojo Fun - New for 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »
Some of these are quite nice and, in the case of the humphead wrasse, the first example of this species in toy form (correct me if I'm wrong!).

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
Some of these are quite nice and, in the case of the humphead wrasse, the first example of this species in toy form (correct me if I'm wrong!).

yeah, other than the dogs and horses I like them.

I believe the humphead wrasse has been made by the Japanese manufacturers a couple times, at least by Kaiyodo (Aqualand resin model) and I believe Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour. But this might be a first for outside of Japan.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:19:39 PM by bmathison1972 »

Badger

• Good years = Years with very few horse models
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »
I believe the humphead wrasse has been made by the Japanese manufacturers a couple times, at least by Kaiyodo (Aqualand resin model) and I believe Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour. But this might be a first for outside of Japan.

I believe there is also a Colorata Humphead Wrasse (the larger, green-blue fish in the image below).

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:42:13 PM by Badger »

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 10:02:19 PM »
Humphead wrasses of indeterminate species have also been done cheaply by dollar store sets a couple of times, but it's unlikely any of them were meant as anything other than the humphead wrasse itself.

Even if the species choices are rather uninspired if you ask me Mojo still gets#2 this year for variety. The Veiled Chameleon is the only one that gets my attention, wonder how large it is.
Upcoming start-up figurine line, feedback wanted: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1991.new#new

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
Even if the species choices are rather uninspired if you ask me Mojo still gets#2 this year for variety. The Veiled Chameleon is the only one that gets my attention, wonder how large it is.

I agree, and they probably are not done releasing figures! I also find the cobra, wrasse, and owl nice. And the standing rabbit gets me for some reason LOL. My guess is the chameleon is probably in the range of a Safari Wildlife model. Not large like the I.C. line.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
I should've known better.  O:-)

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »
I really like the Chameleon, from this pic it's the best feeling I ever had from a chameleon model since now.

Very nice the Humphead wrasse, bony fishes are very rare in the major producers catalogues.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
I've seen on Mojö Fun's FB page that they named the blue fish "Blue Groper", so still a member of the Wrasse family, but a different species, most likely Achoerodus gouldii. The only problem I see is that the distinct hump on the forehead is characteristic for the Humphead Wrasse, not so much for the Blue Gropers, from photos I've been looking at it seems that even very large specimens only have a very shallow hump at best. Still, according to Mojö Fun's id this may be a species that has not even been made by a Japanese manufacturer before! :o

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 03:01:54 AM »
Updated with another horse.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:06:32 PM by bmathison1972 »

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »
...not so much for the Blue Gropers, from photos I've been looking at it seems that even very large specimens only have a very shallow hump at best.

Blue 'Gropers'?? Well, we have an orange one here in the U.S...  8) :P :-X >:D C:-)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:09:16 PM by bmathison1972 »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:22 PM »
...not so much for the Blue Gropers, from photos I've been looking at it seems that even very large specimens only have a very shallow hump at best.

Blue 'Gropers'?? Well, we have an orange one here in the U.S...  8) :P :-X >:D C:-)
Hilarious name, isn't it?  ;D When I first read Mojö Fun's post I thought it was a typo and thought that one doesn't look like a grouper to me... but then I read that they are really named Blue Gropers...

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »

Hilarious name, isn't it?  ;D When I first read Mojö Fun's post I thought it was a typo and thought that one doesn't look like a grouper to me... but then I read that they are really named Blue Gropers...

And here I thought I was making bad political humor. LOL.  Updating tonight with another horse.

I have to say, I am not a generalist, and when I was I would rarely buy a horse that wasn't part of a larger set, but if I was a generalist I would probably buy the thoroughbred I posted yesterday! To me, that's the quintessential horse :).

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 05:39:28 PM »
updated with a pair of mustangs and an elephant seal. These are Maia & Borges models; Mojo has recently collaborated with M&B and will be releasing some of their sculpts with updated paint jobs.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 11:44:02 PM »
Added a walrus; might be another M&B sculpt.