Author Topic: Pelecaniformes - Herons, Ibises, Spoonbills, Pelicans, Shoebill and Hamerkop  (Read 542 times)

postsaurischian

• View Profile

This thread is about the order of these medium-sized and large waterbirds that have feet with all four toes webbed.
The Pelecaniformes consists of the families .....

-  Ardeidae (herons)
 -  Threskiornithidae (ibises and spoonbills)
 -  Scopidae (Hamerkop)
 -  Pelecanidae (pelicans)
 -  Balaenicipitidae (Shoebill)

:)  I hope I'm going to see some of these here. I'm starting with the few I have.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nipponia nippon  -  Crested Ibis

Kaiyodo, the Study Room (left)
                                                      TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S - Eternal lost breeds, Extinct animal (middle)
                                                                 Kaiyodo, Natural Monuments of Japan No.02 (right)

Balaeniceps rex  -  Shoebill

1. Phat! Doki Doki Doubutu Series   2. CollectA
                                                  3. Kaiyodo - CapsuleQ Unique Animal Zoo vol.1   4. Eikoh Miniatureplanet
                                                  5. Kaiyodo - CapsuleQ Unique Animal Zoo vol.2   6. OOAK made by Harriet

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
Very interesting. I have also any and also the only hamerkop that i know. A small and more flat white plastic figurine by Fanta.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great threads to start Helge. Alas I cannot contribute to them, but I look forward to them being added to!

AcroSauroTaurus

• View Profile
The only one I have so far.

Figure:
Schleich White Pelican (open mouth)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:28:28 AM by AcroSauroTaurus »
I am the Dinosaur King!

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile

pelicans (Nayab, K&M, AAA, Elastolin, Schleich, S&N, Safari Ltd, unknown)

Storks (shoebill =Phat, Marabus= Starlux, Noahs Pals, Lineol, oriental stork by Kaiyodo, Jabiru= Yowies UK and white stork unknown and flying Nayab)

Cranes, Heron, Ibisses..... (K&M, Starlux, Bandai, Kaiyodo, Bullyland, Nayab, CollectA, Dollhouse Miniatures, handmade, Safari Ltd, Elastolin, unknown)

Margarine birds

vintage Hong Kong and Fanta water birds

Eikoh shoebill

Kaiyodo spoonbill

Papo Flamingo and Marabou

Starlux and Vitacup

Some figurines are wrong here i know. But they are only copied from STS water birds
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:25:13 PM by widukind »

postsaurischian

• View Profile
Wow! That's a lot. I like especially the monochrome oldies :).

I know birds' taxonomy is very complicated (and under constant change). I had planned to do other threads for cranes or flamingos or storks, but first I have to learn about their orders and families ... and as you wrote, this will take some time. But we should make time for that.
It would also be nice (and kind of important) to name the figures.

postsaurischian

• View Profile

Another Pelican by Schleich (with its mouth closed)

postsaurischian

• View Profile
Sorry, triple post :-[ ;D.

@ widukind: It would be cool if you could erase your Flamingo pictures here
                    and put it there instead: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2056.0  :)