Author Topic: Species identification thread (animal toys)  (Read 64439 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Species identification thread (animal toys)
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »
Bullyland Iguana

Quite satisfying, afterall.

Don't have a clue about the species, someone can help me? Tx.

Must be the common green iguana, Iguana iguana.

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2017, 12:50:23 AM »
Thanks bmathison  :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:20 AM »
Brontodocus, looks like the species identification thread is not sticky, maybe you still didn't implement the solution, or changed your mind about it?
No, I didn't change anything, I don't know what happened, maybe I didn't set the sticky properly? Should work now, though. :)

Edit: I just see the Bullyland Green Iguana, yes, it can only be Iguana iguana because of the enlarged scale below the ear. The other species within the genus, I. delicatissima, doesn't have this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:09:26 AM by brontodocus »

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2017, 12:25:10 AM »
Thanks brotodocus, now it works, I can confirm this  :)

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Anyone knows what species might be this bat by Bullyland?

http://www.bullyland.de/index.php?id=107&L=1%2Fwp-cont
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:24:51 PM by Rossano »

stemturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2017, 09:06:35 PM »
Nature Techni Colour identifies the oarfish in the Deep Sea Life set (Vol. 1) as Regalecus russelii. I wonder if it should have the common name of slender oarfish instead of giant oarfish. The scientific name of the giant oarfish is Regalecus glesne.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia:
”From December 2009 to March 2010, unusual numbers of the slender oarfish Regalecus russelii (竜宮の使い “Ryūgū-No-Tsukai”,) known in Japanese folklore as the Messenger from the Sea God's Palace, appeared in the waters and on the beaches of Japan, the appearance of which is said to portend earthquakes."

See an image: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2025.msg16794#msg16794
What do you think?

stemturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2017, 01:16:49 AM »
A resolution to the identification of the Nature Techni Colour oarfish is provided by the description that the length of the species represented by the figure is 11 meters, which is the size of the giant oarfish, much too large for the slender oarfish, Regalecus russelii, at 5.4 meters. I suggest that the scientific name of this oarfish should be corrected to Regalecus glesne instead of R. russelii to correspond to the common name of giant oarfish.

robustus_

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2017, 09:51:59 PM »
A resolution to the identification of the Nature Techni Colour oarfish is provided by the description that the length of the species represented by the figure is 11 meters, which is the size of the giant oarfish, much too large for the slender oarfish, Regalecus russelii, at 5.4 meters. I suggest that the scientific name of this oarfish should be corrected to Regalecus glesne instead of R. russelii to correspond to the common name of giant oarfish.

I agree with you - I think all signs point to the species being the giant oarfish rather than the slender.

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2017, 05:17:24 PM »
Brontodocus, looks like the species identification thread is not sticky, maybe you still didn't implement the solution, or changed your mind about it?
No, I didn't change anything, I don't know what happened, maybe I didn't set the sticky properly? Should work now, though. :)

Edit: I just see the Bullyland Green Iguana, yes, it can only be Iguana iguana because of the enlarged scale below the ear. The other species within the genus, I. delicatissima, doesn't have this.

What brand have the iguana delicatissima?