Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Emperor Scorpion (Veronese Design)  (Read 445 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Emperor Scorpion (Veronese Design)
« on: December 23, 2017, 06:30:54 PM »
Walk-around of the emperor scorpion, Pandinus imperator (Koch, 1843) by Veronese Design, 2011. I stumbled upon this sculpture (not a toy/figure) on eBay after Beetle Guy alerted me to something similar. I went to their website (http://www.veronesedesign.com/collection.htm) and I suggest others check it out for some really nice animal sculptures.

The sculpture has a base measuring 11 cm in diameter and it stands (at the top of the tail) roughly 12 cm tall. It is hard to measure, but it appears to be 1:1 for a large individual. It is made of cold cast resin. The scorpion and its base are separate objects, but the scorpion is permanently affixed to the base by means of sealed pegs of some sort. The detail in both the animal and its base are amazing. I am glad I invested in this one! More realistic than typical toy/figure versions of this species (although Kaiyodo is releasing one next year in their Sofubi Toy Box line).

On to the pics (I had to really play with the lighting in my apartment today to get the detail):

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:19:53 PM by bmathison1972 »

Beetle guy

• View Profile
Re: Emperor Scorpion (Veronese Design)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »
Wow that looks great!! :)
To beetle or not to beetle.

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 06:20:51 AM »
I went to their website (http://www.veronesedesign.com/collection.htm) and I suggest others check it out for some really nice animal sculptures.

The link goes to the Nudes category, for see animal sculptures you must click on the "Wildlife/pets" tab on the menu at the left. The animal sculptures are amazing, very realistic, museum-quality, tough it seems that the author is not very much knowlegdeable in animals, calling King penguin an Emperor penguin, Beaver to the Otters, Chameleon to the Green Iguana, and Leopard chair to their Cheetah chairs.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »
I went to their website (http://www.veronesedesign.com/collection.htm) and I suggest others check it out for some really nice animal sculptures.

The link goes to the Nudes category, for see animal sculptures you must click on the "Wildlife/pets" tab on the menu at the left. The animal sculptures are amazing, very realistic, museum-quality, tough it seems that the author is not very much knowlegdeable in animals, calling King penguin an Emperor penguin, Beaver to the Otters, Chameleon to the Green Iguana, and Leopard chair to their Cheetah chairs.

The website must use frames or something because all of the pages have the same address.
And those chairs are hilarious. :))

The scorpion is smashing, by the way.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:10:51 AM by animaltoyforum »