Author Topic: CollectA - New for 2018  (Read 1696 times)

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: CollectA - New for 2018
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 04:23:52 AM »
So..they sign an agreement with a North American distibutor that is interested almost entirely in horses and farm...and we get a whole bunch of horses and a farm tube. Go figure.

The civet looks great though, so I'll have to figure out a way to get that. The way things currently are, probably Taobao!

Badger

• Good years = Years with very few horse models
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 07:45:06 AM »
Well, looks like the lineup has been concluded. None of these figures look awful, but, with the exception of the Civet and the Pere David's Deer, all of them are easy passes for me.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »
The musk ox looks really great, the comparison with Safari's new one is totally in favour of Collecta's. I should add "judging from the photos", but I really think there is no doubt.

The hyppo and the sperm whale look good too, but not that exciting, even if I would like to see them in real. Size matters, too, about these animals.

Just curious: did Collecta release the measures of these new models?

With regards to comparing photos, I should point out that this year Safari is releasing photos of actual toys, and not cleaned-up publicity photos, so what you see in Safari's is more likely what you'll get. That being said, with CollectA you will get a good product :).

With regards to measurements, there are posts of these on STS where Numaan has included measurements. You need an STS profile to see pics, but not text, if you want to check out their posts for sizes.

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »
thanks bmathison, I actually have an sts account so I'll go and have a look  :)

OkapiBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »
That musk ox if beautiful, much better than the Safari version!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
Okay, definitely too many horses for my taste, too, and not too many figures I really want to have... however, I'm happy to see a nice African Civet, a beautiful Muskox, Sperm Whale and Blue Whale which look far better than their predecessors plus a nice looking Gray Whale (I might end up getting all three). :) Oh, wait a moment... we're talking about CollectA, aren't we? No antelopes? :o

OkapiBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 06:25:50 PM »
Okay, definitely too many horses for my taste, too, and not too many figures I really want to have... however, I'm happy to see a nice African Civet, a beautiful Muskox, Sperm Whale and Blue Whale which look far better than their predecessors plus a nice looking Gray Whale (I might end up getting all three). :) Oh, wait a moment... we're talking about CollectA, aren't we? No antelopes? :o
;D almost no antelope, but it is CollectA after all , so we do get one, the Bongo calf! ^-^ it's awesome!

CetaceanFan

• I'm a Sperm Whale at heart, yet I collect figures
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 01:45:18 AM »
Ooh man!, that Sperm whale looks soo good!!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »
;D almost no antelope, but it is CollectA after all , so we do get one, the Bongo calf! ^-^ it's awesome!
Aw, sorry, forgot about that one... but they used to throw such a variety of antelope species on the market...