Author Topic: Creatures that make you go 'squeeee'!  (Read 16880 times)

WiseWolf

• View Profile
Re: Creatures that make you go 'squeeee'!
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 12:07:39 AM »

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 12:55:43 AM »
probably I am the only one who would say this but here goes; deep sea hatchetfish
Upcoming start-up figurine line, feedback wanted: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1991.new#new

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 03:05:14 AM »
How could someone not love eels?

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 07:48:26 AM »
Exactly! :) This reminds me of (please forgive if I have mentioned it before) the European Eel "Aalfred" (which would translate into "Eelfred") which was caught near my home in the Rhine Herne Channel in 1969 but instead of killing it for food the person who caught it kept it in the bathtub (the eel was put into a bucket whenever the bathtub was used for anything else). In 2002 animal rights activists demanded that Aalfred should be released and the story of the eel who had spent 33 years in a bathtub went viral across the media. Finally, a veterinarian confirmed that the eel was actually very healthy and had grown to 90 cm and the only advice was to put a tube as hiding place into the bathtub. I don't know if it still lives with the person who caught him but given the longevity of European Eels in captivity, Aalfred may still be in that bathtub (that would be 45 years now)! ;D

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
Exactly! :) This reminds me of (please forgive if I have mentioned it before) the European Eel "Aalfred" (which would translate into "Eelfred") which was caught near my home in the Rhine Herne Channel in 1969 but instead of killing it for food the person who caught it kept it in the bathtub (the eel was put into a bucket whenever the bathtub was used for anything else). In 2002 animal rights activists demanded that Aalfred should be released and the story of the eel who had spent 33 years in a bathtub went viral across the media. Finally, a veterinarian confirmed that the eel was actually very healthy and had grown to 90 cm and the only advice was to put a tube as hiding place into the bathtub. I don't know if it still lives with the person who caught him but given the longevity of European Eels in captivity, Aalfred may still be in that bathtub (that would be 45 years now)! ;D

That's crazy--the oldest fish I've ever been responsible for were some Polypterus that lived to about 16 years. (although by that time they were in a public aquarium).

Quagga

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 07:02:50 AM »
A kiwi bird. :)
Neh!! Neh!! Neh!!

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »
I actually think some eels have quite cute faces and theif rubberiness lol

Quagga

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 06:53:29 AM »
The blob fish and angler fish
Neh!! Neh!! Neh!!

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 09:36:04 AM »
The blob fish and angler fish

They make you go squee!? Are you sure you didn't mean to post this in the eebie jeebies thread ;)

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
I've always had a soft spot for deep sea fish
especially hatchetfish
Upcoming start-up figurine line, feedback wanted: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1991.new#new

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »
Oh, I fully understand that. I guess blobfish and anglerfish can fall in both categories. Anyone seen the 2012 animation movie "A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise" with Jimbo the blobfish? :)