Author Topic: Posting images  (Read 9035 times)

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
Re: Posting images
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 01:18:54 PM »
It seems that almost all of my walk-around photos don't show anymore, even those from 2016 have now different urls. Apparently, facebook renames image urls now faster than they did before. I switched to postimage.org recently. I will try to fix every of my walk-arounds but it will take a while, probably months. I've just downloaded approx. 4000 of my photos from facebook and will upload them to postimage but the sheer amount of data will make this a long term project. :-\

That's real frustrating  >:(

Postimage sounds much better than Photobucket, which is almost impossible to use these days, and Facebook, which changes the URLs! Maybe I will change my recommendation on the ATF and DTF, and the 'how to' Youtube video.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:19:28 PM by animaltoyforum »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »

Postimage sounds much better than Photobucket, which is almost impossible to use these days, and Facebook, which changes the URLs! Maybe I will change my recommendation on the ATF and DTF, and the 'how to' Youtube video.
The good thing is that postimage really seems handy, so far fixing a few walk-arounds was faster than I expected. :)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »

The good thing is that postimage really seems handy, so far fixing a few walk-arounds was faster than I expected. :)

One of the reasons I can do 5-7 Bug of the Day posts in a weekday evening is because postimage is so smooth and easy (oh, and my new apartment in SLC has better lighting so minimal editing in Photoshop  ;) )

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »
You can't imagine how glad I am that Blaine brought up the idea of using postimage as a picture host! What I thought would be a task of several months actually took only a few days and (I hope I haven't forgotten one) apparently all of my walk-around photos are back. Absolutely highly recommended! :)

BlueKrono

• "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
It's wonderful to see all these neat pictures again of figures you've previously reviewed.
I like turtles.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »
It's wonderful to see all these neat pictures again of figures you've previously reviewed.
Many thanks, BlueKrono! :)

postsaurischian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »
I'm sorry to say that all my pictures are gone due to Photobucket's new restrictions.
They want USD $399 from me to go on. I can't do that.
I don't know if any of the moderators wants to do that lot of work, but you should delete my posts, especially in the walk-around section, because it makes the forum quite unattractive with all those missing photos.
I was having a great time posting pictures and I will miss it a lot. To bring them back is too much work for me.
I quit. I'm saying thank you for the pleasure this forum brought to me and bye bye.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 12:21:10 PM »
I'm sorry to say that all my pictures are gone due to Photobucket's new restrictions.
I don't know if any of the moderators wants to do that lot of work, but you should delete my posts, especially in the walk-around section, because it makes the forum quite unattractive with all those missing photos.
I was having a great time posting pictures and I will miss it a lot. To bring them back is too much work for me.
I quit. I'm saying thank you for the pleasure this forum brought to me and bye bye.

I agree it's a pain, but I will move forward with postimage. I will not update old pics unless they are asked for. Honestly I don't have pics taken before June 2016 when I bought a new computer...

Beetle guy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »
Same here, I will replace some pictures (only of the walkarounds and collection). May take awhile.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
I went ahead and replaced images for complete sets posted (that I still have pics for); I will do individual walk-arounds if requested. But anything prior to June 2016 would have to be re-captured  :-\

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »

As on the DTF, I am initiating a great Photobucket purge. See: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5884.0

I will create a similar thread on the ATF shortly.