Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 14481 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: General discussion
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »
Okay, it seems we're slowly getting there... So now that we have eight polls (Bullyland, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Kitan Club, Mojö Fun, Papo, Safari Ltd, and Schleich) but there are still a few leftovers by Japanese brands. Eikoh Miniatureplanet with 32 figures and Favorite with one (albeit apparently very good) figure. Currently, I'm considering throwing these together in one poll thread with three possible votes. We could still add figures which I may have overlooked to that poll. But this way I could solve the problem with Favorite, choosing one out of one figure wouldn't really make sense (and I have the feeling Hirokazu Tokugawa's Giant Squid has good chances to be serious competition for the others even in the "finals" so it should be in one of the polls). What are your thoughts about it? And again: Anything I have overlooked which should be in this or any of the other polls? Thanks for all comments & contributions! :)

How about putting all non-Kaiyodo (including Kitan Club which you already took care of, sorry :) ) Japanese brands into a 'Japanese-misc.' poll?

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »
Okay, it seems we're slowly getting there... So now that we have eight polls (Bullyland, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Kitan Club, Mojö Fun, Papo, Safari Ltd, and Schleich) but there are still a few leftovers by Japanese brands. Eikoh Miniatureplanet with 32 figures and Favorite with one (albeit apparently very good) figure. Currently, I'm considering throwing these together in one poll thread with three possible votes. We could still add figures which I may have overlooked to that poll. But this way I could solve the problem with Favorite, choosing one out of one figure wouldn't really make sense (and I have the feeling Hirokazu Tokugawa's Giant Squid has good chances to be serious competition for the others even in the "finals" so it should be in one of the polls). What are your thoughts about it? And again: Anything I have overlooked which should be in this or any of the other polls? Thanks for all comments & contributions! :)

How about putting all non-Kaiyodo (including Kitan Club which you already took care of, sorry :) ) Japanese brands into a 'Japanese-misc.' poll?
Thanks, Blaine! :-) Actually, I like the idea. And there are not many votes, yet. It would be possible to edit the thread. If the others are okay with this solution, too, I'll do it.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »

Thanks, Blaine! :-) Actually, I like the idea. And there are not many votes, yet. It would be possible to edit the thread. If the others are okay with this solution, too, I'll do it.

Fine by me :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2015, 10:59:03 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! :) So it is done! 8)

pelycosaurus

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2016, 12:14:31 AM »
I have a facebook group online that needs new members called Plastic zoology.Feel free to join.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710932112514271/1711344602473022/?notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1465762581356856