Author Topic: Chondricthyans  (Read 78624 times)

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: Chondricthyans
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
The Neko Works sharks could be found here

That link includes the discontinued models. I only have the Hybodus and Stethacanthus myself. It appears that they claim that the figures will be available within 4-6 weeks, but I haven't seen them in stock for a very long time.

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »
The Neko Works sharks could be found here

That link includes the discontinued models. I only have the Hybodus and Stethacanthus myself. It appears that they claim that the figures will be available within 4-6 weeks, but I haven't seen them in stock for a very long time.

Thank you so very much, i never saw them before but they are very wowwwwwwwwwwwww

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2014, 07:18:24 AM »
Up from the depths...some new figures.

I suppose I could also list the new ones from CollectA but the new Japanese figures are so much more exciting:

First up, from the Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 3 set, a Bronze Whaler/Copper Shark/Narrowtooth shark, Carcharhinus brachyurus:

Second, a whiteip reef shark Trienodon obesus from the Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 5 set

This one shouldn't be confused with the Oceanic whiteip shark Carcharhinus longimanus from the Kaiyodo Aquatales series2 set:

Not that they look anything alike--but the names are of course similar, and sellers don't always know or differentiate. Which may be why I never noticed the whitetip reef shark until I bought it.

And just because I don't want to leave it out, even though it's on this thread somewhere, the sandtiger shark Carcharias taurusfrom Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 7:

And finally, one of my newest treasures, a giveaway from Hikari (aquarium food company--no idea who made it), and the first legitimately toy-like or figure-like potamotrygonid:

As I've said elsewhere I'm pretty sure this one is meant to be Potamtrygon henlei given the spot pattern. The full set was odd--many usual aquarium suspects (cory cat, redtail cat, clown loach, red-ear slider turtle, some other fish that clearly didn't get my attention!) but this was the only one I felt the need to get (the seller had the whole set on offer, individually, but I decided not to press my luck with it ;) I didn't even have any competing bids!).

EDIT 1--I just found out the ray is supposed to be the Polka Dot Stingray, Potamotrygon leopoldi. I still don't agree.
EDIT 2--I just found the list of most of the Hikari figures in case anyone wants go crazy trying to find them: Polka Dot Stingray, Red Tail Catfish, Imperial Zebra Pleco, Clown Loach, juvenile box fish, albino Axolotl. I'm pretty sure there is a red-eared slider turtle and a coryadoras cat as well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:32:51 PM by sbell »

postsaurischian

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
 :D Beautiful Kaiyodo sharks! I had to get them too.

Hm, "Aqua Totto Gifu"? What is this - an Italian version?
Originally the Sand Tiger is from the "Shinagawa Aquarium" set

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2014, 10:02:41 PM »
:D Beautiful Kaiyodo sharks! I had to get them too.

Hm, "Aqua Totto Gifu"? What is this - an Italian version?
Originally the Sand Tiger is from the "Shinagawa Aquarium" set

Apparently it is a real place:

http://aquatotto.com/

Which is starting to make sense--there are figures that have popped up in different sets, perhaps the bottlecaps change depending on the venue selling them? Mine came with a Capsule Aquarium pamphlet, implying a vending machine--so it is possible that they make different caps.

Also, I need to visit this aquarium--it is apparently a freshwater-focused one!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:30:45 AM by sbell »

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »
Also, I need to visit this aquarium--it is apparently a freshwater-focused one!

Here is Atlanta we have a good aquarium but if you want a good freshwater one, you should try the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga! :)

stargatedalek

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »
I've been to a few aquariums with notable freshwater segments, namely Quebec Biodome and California Academy of Sciences come to mind but I'm sure theres more
Upcoming start-up figurine line, feedback wanted: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=1991.new#new

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
Up from the depths...some new figures.

I suppose I could also list the new ones from CollectA but the new Japanese figures are so much more exciting:

First up, from the Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 3 set, a Bronze Whaler/Copper Shark/Narrowtooth shark, Carcharhinus brachyurus:

Second, a whiteip reef shark Trienodon obesus from the Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 5 set

This one shouldn't be confused with the Oceanic whiteip shark Carcharhinus longimanus from the Kaiyodo Aquatales series2 set:

Not that they look anything alike--but the names are of course similar, and sellers don't always know or differentiate. Which may be why I never noticed the whitetip reef shark until I bought it.

And just because I don't want to leave it out, even though it's on this thread somewhere, the sandtiger shark Carcharias taurusfrom Kaiyodo Capsule Aquarium 7:

And finally, one of my newest treasures, a giveaway from Hikari (aquarium food company--no idea who made it), and the first legitimately toy-like or figure-like potamotrygonid:

As I've said elsewhere I'm pretty sure this one is meant to be Potamtrygon henlei given the spot pattern. The full set was odd--many usual aquarium suspects (cory cat, redtail cat, clown loach, red-ear slider turtle, some other fish that clearly didn't get my attention!) but this was the only one I felt the need to get (the seller had the whole set on offer, individually, but I decided not to press my luck with it ;) I didn't even have any competing bids!).

EDIT 1--I just found out the ray is supposed to be the Polka Dot Stingray, Potamotrygon leopoldi. I still don't agree.
EDIT 2--I just found the list of most of the Hikari figures in case anyone wants go crazy trying to find them: Polka Dot Stingray, Red Tail Catfish, Imperial Zebra Pleco, Clown Loach, juvenile box fish, albino Axolotl. I'm pretty sure there is a red-eared slider turtle and a coryadoras cat as well.

Very beautieful figurines!!Special congrats for the ray, i prefer saltwater fishes but if i will find this figurine i would add it in my zoo  :)

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2014, 06:55:55 PM »

Very beautieful figurines!!Special congrats for the ray, i prefer saltwater fishes but if i will find this figurine i would add it in my zoo  :)

It is a really nice figure, very detailed (hard to see on a black figure...). I'll do a walkaround of it at some point.

Quagga

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2014, 01:03:00 AM »
Lots of nice sharks. :)
Neh!! Neh!! Neh!!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2014, 01:02:42 PM »
Another new one:

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Animatales Series 7 (Yaeyama) No. QMN 052 Tiger Shark, Galeocerdo cuvier (Péron & Lesueur, 1822). Length (TL) 86 mm, scale approx. 1:29 - 1:87. Human figure (from Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum Dinosaur Excavation Plesiosaurus set) is approx. 1:65 - 1:75 scale.

sbell

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
It looks like a nice tiger shark figure. For some reason, I didn't immediately order one from Brett so now I have to wait for the next order to get mine.

widukind

• Andreas
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2014, 04:46:32 PM »
Interesting tiger shark:)

OkapiBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2014, 01:20:13 AM »
[]

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
It looks like a nice tiger shark figure. For some reason, I didn't immediately order one from Brett so now I have to wait for the next order to get mine.
I'm quite happy with it, too (although we've seen Animatales with less conspicuous seams before). The paint job looks so much more convincing than that of any other Tiger Shark figure I know. :)

And talking about Tiger Shark figures, it's interesting how OkapiBoy's CollectA version apparently has fewer and a little darker, more contrasting stripes than mine from the walk-around.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
More images of chondricthyans of my collection.

Maia & Borges Sand Tiguer Shark.

Maia & Borges Great White Shark.

Lontic/Nayab Wobbedong.

Lontic/Nayab Zebra Shark.

Lontic/Nayab Thresher Shark.

Lontic/Nayab Short Fin Mako.

Papo Manta Ray.

Lontic/Nayab Great White Shark.

Bullyland Whale Shark.

Collecta Saw Fish.

Yolanda Great White Shark.

AAA Great White Shark.

Bullyland Great White Shark.

Collecta Great White Shark.

Schleich Great White Shark-2004.

Schleich Great White Shark-2005 1:32.

Schleich Great White Shark-2012.

Safari Great White Shark.

Papo Great White Shark.

Great White Shark (my sculpt).

Schleich Blue Shark-2012.

Schleich Blue Shark-2005 1:32.

Schleich Blue Shark-2004.

Schleich Blue Shark-1995.

Schleich Manta Ray-2014.

Collecta Manta Ray.

AAA Devil Fish (small).

AAA Devil Fish (big).

Schleich Tiger Shark.

AAA  Smalltooth Sandtiger Shark.

Bullyland Tiger Shark.

Safari MBA Saw Fish.

Sun Wat Toys Bluespotted Stingray.

Schleich Wobbedong.

Schleich Hammerhead Shark-1995 1:32.

Papo Hammerhead Shark.

Schleich Hammerhead Shark-2004.

Collecta Whale Shark.

Uknonw brand Whale Shark.

Schleich Whale Shark-2005 1:32
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:27:47 AM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2015, 07:52:42 AM »
While I recognise most of them, could you add figure captions to your post? I guess there are many people who don't know all of these figures and your post (like those in the other threads) will be a lot more informative if you add information about which figures we are seeing here. :)

sauroid

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »
i agree. infos would be great.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »
While I recognise most of them, could you add figure captions to your post? I guess there are many people who don't know all of these figures and your post (like those in the other threads) will be a lot more informative if you add information about which figures we are seeing here. :)

Dont worry partner, I add information  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »
More  chondricthyans  ^-^.

Maia & Borges Hammerhead Shark.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:19:23 PM by Jetoar »