Author Topic: Whole collection :)  (Read 5398 times)

aneedforfun

• View Profile
Whole collection :)
« on: December 25, 2012, 06:30:19 AM »
Well I decided to do inventory and thought it would be easier to take pics of each shelf instead of running back and forth to my room to make sure what I had.  So I decided to share them her also :)   Also if there is anything you would like me to take a closer pic of let me know and I would be happy to do it.....   Enjoy  :))  please let me know if the link to my photobucket album does not work for you

http://s509.beta.photobucket.com/user/aneedforfun/library/The%20whole%20collection%20as%20of%20Dec%2024th
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:30:50 AM by aneedforfun »

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
Re: Whole collection :)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
Well I decided to do inventory and thought it would be easier to take pics of each shelf instead of running back and forth to my room to make sure what I had.  So I decided to share them her also :)   Also if there is anything you would like me to take a closer pic of let me know and I would be happy to do it.....   Enjoy  :))  please let me know if the link to my photobucket album does not work for you

http://s509.beta.photobucket.com/user/aneedforfun/library/The%20whole%20collection%20as%20of%20Dec%2024th

The link works - great collection!  :D

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
Amazing collection, thanks for share  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
Once my collection got to that point, I built a database for it.  Later, I took pictures and linked each one to the database, so I can usually find any picture (or my mistakes...). And now I need to revamp it ??? But with about 5000 entries, that's going to take too long.

aneedforfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
Once my collection got to that point, I built a database for it.  Later, I took pictures and linked each one to the database, so I can usually find any picture (or my mistakes...). And now I need to revamp it ??? But with about 5000 entries, that's going to take too long.

What was the software you used for the database? 

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »

What was the software you used for the database?

Just Access. I was taking a course for something else (obviously) and since I already had the program, I decided to use it.  The photo-links aren't the best way, but it works better than embedding images.

Eventually I'll get motivated to create a better GUI, maybe tie it to a GIS system. I already account for locality and age data, so it's just a matter of linking time scales and/or maps to the data...yes, 'just' :-\

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
Wow, that's a great collection, aneedforfun! :) And I see there are more albums of your collection so there's a lot that's still left to share. :o ;D

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »
Great stuff here :) I really wish i had that many, i might do a complete collection some time.

Rousettus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
Nice collection! I will be predictable and say that I think I see at least two bats on the far left of the first and fourth pictures. If I'm right, can I please get a close up and some info on them?

Hercules beetle

• Anything big and bugs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »
Fantastic.
Wish i had that amount.