Author Topic: Recent acquisitions  (Read 486741 times)

Beetle guy

• View Profile
Re: Recent acquisitions
« Reply #1620 on: February 18, 2018, 03:54:54 PM »
Did you buy the whole set? Love to see some more pic's. Thinking of purchasing them.

A photo of the Colorata Paleozoic Creatures set of 6 was posted on the Dinosaur Toy Forum by Halichoeres:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg194571#msg194571

I bought the set for the orthocone, since I grew up in the Ordovician.  :)

Thanks!! I am tempted to surf to Rakuten!  :))
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 22, 2018, 09:16:57 PM »
Some more beetles from Beetle Guy!

First, Chalcosoma moellenkampi, Dorcus titanus sakishaminus, and Hexarthrius mandibularis from F-toy
Next, Megasoma elephas and Odontolabis cypri from their small standard and DX sets, respectively
Also, a cool Rosalia lesnei (?) and butterfly, both from unknown manufacturers

Next, my gift as part of the STS Forum's 'Custom Figure Swap'. The person who I was assigned to (Susanne), customized the Bullyland grasshopper into Chromacris icterus!

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 10, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
So, last night running errand, I stopped by a dollar store, since historically they are a great place to find toy animals and often insects. In a bin of assorted animals (sea life, dinosaurs, reptiles), I found the following spider. I went ahead and got it, but it wasn't until later I realized it was by Imperial Toys, and marked 2016! I didn't realize Imperial was still making animal figures.

The spider isn't realistic or modeled after a given species, but it is stamped with the Imperial logo. I wonder if the other animals in the bin were also Imperial?

If you look on the bottom, you will see there is also a large blank square area; this is probably for redistribution by another company (for example, a novelty company that wants to sell this spider at Halloween time - I have noticed Halloween decor usually has these kinds of barn-door stamps).

Anyway, happy to get a new Imperial figure, and for $1 USD LOL

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #1623 on: April 09, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »
Okay, kind of spamming the forums...but...

They're here!

The new Ancient Fish from Favorite!

Also, a PNSO Glyphoderma! One of the 2 I wanted (I already have the Himalyasaurus)...but couldn't get the hyena.

Still, Big ancient fish? Good day!