Author Topic: A wild cetacean nerd appeared!  (Read 150 times)

GrampusBlackfish

• Whale Watching Naturalist
    • View Profile
A wild cetacean nerd appeared!
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:34:39 AM »
Hello,

I'll call myself GrampusBlackfish here, but you can call me just Grampus or GB for short. I've been collecting animal figures since I was very young. I'm especially interested in collecting cetaceans and pinnapeds in part because they are my favorite and in part because I work as a Naturalist on whale watching vessels in my local area. I'm a stickler for anatomically correct models that I can use for teaching purposes. My favorite species include the gray whale, minke whale, killer whale, Risso's dolphin, harbor porpoise, and northern elephant seal. I'm a big fan of the MBA series from Safari Ltd. I also have a few figures depicting other animals living in my area including fish, birds and land mammals. I hope to contribute to the forum with walk-arounds and discussions of my figures and ones I hope to acquire in the future.

Feel free to drop me a message anytime! I'm friendly (albeit a bit introverted so I may disappear from time to time without warning) and I love discussing animal figures, and of course, animals themselves. I have my favorites, but I'm open to discussing and learning about all critters large and small, extant and extinct.

-GrampusBlackfish

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
Re: A wild cetacean nerd appeared!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:55:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.  8)

I love big marine vertebrates too - but mostly of the Mesozoic reptilian kind. ;) Though whales are awesome, too, my personal favourite being the humpback.

CetaceanFan

• I'm a Sperm Whale at heart, yet I collect figures
    • View Profile
Re: A wild cetacean nerd appeared!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum Grampus! I'm glad to see another fan of modern marine life! My favorites being whales (Sperm Whale).
I too am pretty introverted (This reply being the first in a couple of months, for both the DTF and the ATF).