Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Cheetah (Safari Ltd - Wildlife Wonders)  (Read 4848 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Cheetah (Safari Ltd - Wildlife Wonders)
« on: July 13, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
The only 2013 release of Safari Ltd's Wildlife Wonders series is the Cheetah, Acinonyx jubatus (Schreber, 1775). Snout-vent length is approx. 143 mm and tail length approx. 90 mm, shoulder height is 93 mm, so the scale is approx. 1:7 - 1:10. The figure differs from previous Wildlife Wonders figures in that it is apparently the first of them which is not hollow and that is cast in a single piece. While the straight, striding pose may not be too inspiring, the details are as good as on any other Wildlife Wonders figure. Especially the head is accurately small which may look odd at first sight but indeed cheetahs have comparatively tiny heads. I've been using different backgrounds and bases here and they greatly affect how the figure's colours appear. So this may be a good example for why sometimes a figure in a walk-around may appear different from the one you have in your collection. The last photo is a size comparison with the Wildlife Wonders Lion which is about 1:10 - 1:11 scale.
A link to the Wildlife Wonders Cheetah at Safari Ltd is here: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/wildlife-wonders%E2%84%A2-cheetah

Edit 2017-02-06: Fixed broken image urls.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:08:09 PM by brontodocus »

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Cheetah (Safari Ltd - Wildlife Wonders)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 12:51:32 PM »
From my point of view, this figure and Papo cheeta are the best figures of this animal. Thanks for sharing  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
Wonderful. Your photography skills but many of us to shame!  :-[

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:35 PM »
Many thanks, Jetoar & Adam! :) Oh, Jetoar, you just remind me of... why do I constantly forget ordering the Papo Cheetah? I mean, I already planned to get that one, too. Seems we get so many new releases of new figures that I simply get too excited and then forget about ordering previous figures, too... :-[ ;D
*blushes* :-[ ...but I really think the quality of the walk-arounds of all contributors is generally very high and as I mentioned elsewhere I enjoy the different approaches and different handwritings in photography we always see in this section. :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 01:11:52 AM »
Many thanks, Jetoar & Adam! :) Oh, Jetoar, you just remind me of... why do I constantly forget ordering the Papo Cheetah? I mean, I already planned to get that one, too. Seems we get so many new releases of new figures that I simply get too excited and then forget about ordering previous figures, too... :-[ ;D
*blushes* :-[ ...but I really think the quality of the walk-arounds of all contributors is generally very high and as I mentioned elsewhere I enjoy the different approaches and different handwritings in photography we always see in this section. :)

Yes, I think the same that you friend. last week I bought the carnegie Giaganotosaurus and other old figures that have same years.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
WW Cheetah photos are back. :)