Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Przewalski's Horse (Schleich - Farm Life)  (Read 6040 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Przewalski's Horse (Schleich - Farm Life)
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
While it doesn't seem to fit properly to a series of farm animals, Schleich included this one to the line along with their other horses, but it's out of production. So here is a walk-around of the Farm Life Przewalski's Horse (it's a mare), Equus ferus przewalskii (Poliakov, 1881). Shoulder height is 65 mm, corresponding to a scale of 1:20 to 1:22.5. My only Schleich horse! :o

Edit 2017-01-30: Fixed broken image urls.  Edited again 2017-02-07: Images now hosted on postimage.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:27:57 AM by brontodocus »

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
Re: Przewalski's Horse (Schleich - Farm Life)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
I like this one very much! Perhaps one of the best Schleich equines :D

I think Horses line in Schleich included not only domesticated horses, they have more wild (of course not as wild as Przewalski ;) ) horses too there such as Camargue. Maybe it would be better if they place this figure in their Asiatic wildlife range but there is no doubt that it is really a horse too, haha :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
Thanks, Ana! :) Yes, it was confusing for me when I saw the Przewalski's horse in a catalogue before I bought mine, it would have fitted better to their wild animals, I guess they just wanted to lump all true horses together.

Battatitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »
I also have this horse (and many other Schleich horses). In my opinion it is one of Schleich's finest; the gentle pose, stunning paintjob and uncanny realism all add up to make a remarkable figure.
This is also one of the figures which is seemingly always 'Made in Germany' - not a bad thing, of course!  :D

Not long ago I took some dioramas of this figure but they aren't quite as good as I'd hoped. I'll post some (or better ones if I manage any!) at a later date.

Many thanks for sharing, this model deserves more attention than it currently receives!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »
Many thanks, Battatitan! :) I hope to see your dioramas of it in the future!

Battatitan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
Many thanks, Battatitan! :) I hope to see your dioramas of it in the future!

Thanks! I look forward to sharing them.  :D

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
I have this figure and he is amazing. I would like to do in a future, a big diorma of Iberian penisule in the Pleistocene  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 01:04:52 AM »
I decide I need a Przewalski one - my son has been taking equitation lessons since last year and is asking more and more new horses in his collection - so I am considering wheter going for the Collecta one or trying to find an old Schleich's one. What is your opinion?

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 04:15:47 AM »
I decide I need a Przewalski one - my son has been taking equitation lessons since last year and is asking more and more new horses in his collection - so I am considering wheter going for the Collecta one or trying to find an old Schleich's one. What is your opinion?

If you want a Przewalski's, you'll be better off finding a CollectA one. The Schleich is nicer, but has not been made for at least a decade--and when available, it can get very expensive. The CollectA is still in production, and if you're in Europe, you should have no trouble finding one online.

BlueKrono

• "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 07:43:26 AM »
I wish I could see the pictures on this thread...

I can understand why they would include it in their horses line rather than their wild animals. The people who would be more likely to pony up the money (pun intended) and actually purchase this figure are more likely going to be horse lovers than the people searching for wild animals.
I like turtles.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 07:57:26 AM »
I wish I could see the pictures on this thread...
Fixed! :)

BlueKrono

• "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »
Thanks! Now THAT is a horse!
I like turtles.

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 11:49:32 AM »

If you want a Przewalski's, you'll be better off finding a CollectA one. The Schleich is nicer, but has not been made for at least a decade--and when available, it can get very expensive. The CollectA is still in production, and if you're in Europe, you should have no trouble finding one online.

I have been lucky, I found a Schleich Przewalski one in a shop in a seaside town in Tuscany where I am spending some holidays with my son! The piece painting is not perfect at all, since it spent many years on the shelf being manipulated by children in strict contact with other models, I'll consider to fix at least the major lacks of paint, any advice about this issue is welcome.

Rossano

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 11:51:32 AM »
can I upload pics directly from the camera of my mobile?