Author Topic: Searching desperately for life-size KING CRAB replicas. Thanks ahead :)  (Read 1192 times)

Lunaboots

• View Profile
If anyone has any source how to find replica king crabs in high quantities that would be amazing. Please email me at [email protected]
Even if its just small quantities, I need them desperately for a film shoot. Sorry to invade this forum, in case this upsets anyone, just felt that perhaps you guys were knowledgeable and worth asking.

I live in Los Angeles, CA USA but can order international.

stargatedalek

• View Profile
Re: Searching desperately for life-size KING CRAB replicas. Thanks ahead :)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:10:23 AM »
I don't know if you have access to 3D printers (and if not you could try 3D hubs, it's the 3D printing equivalent of Uber), but I have this model I've been meaning to print in 1:1 for quite some time now.

https://sketchfab.com/models/ba482cf822e84d11950924b79ea8ed5b

I don't know if you will need to make an account before downloading, but hopefully this will let you print as many as you need.
Why I'm done with the ATF, at least for now:
https://www.facebook.com/michell.vall/posts/999800036850389

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »
I have a life-sized figure that shows up on YAJ from time to time (I think it's by Nihon Auto Toy) but it is probably not realistic enough for film quality

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 07:31:45 PM »
I would also suggest grocery store suppliers, restaurant decor suppliers, that sort of thing--they often have replica seafood models. I don't know of a particular source though.

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 12:37:14 PM »
Hi Lunaboots and welcome to the Animal Toy Forum! :) Hmm, sorry, I think I can't help either. Sbell's suggestion may be your best chance to get one. While I've seen mostly lobsters, rock lobsters, or crabs, I assume replicas of king crabs exist. Good luck hunting! :)