Author Topic: Image hosting problems  (Read 3110 times)

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Image hosting problems
« on: January 29, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »
This is not really a 'sever issue' but not sure where else to post.

My images are not showing, apparently Photobucket is under maintenance. However, other people who seem to use PB have their images visible.

I hope this is a temporary thing. If I have to go to another hosting site I am not re-uploading ALL of my images...

sbell

• View Profile
    • Fauna Figures Toys & Collectables
Re: Image hosting problems
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 09:45:17 PM »

My images are not showing, apparently Photobucket is under maintenance. However, other people who seem to use PB have their images visible.

I hope this is a temporary thing. If I have to go to another hosting site I am not re-uploading ALL of my images...

I just use Dropbox. Never had a problem there.

animaltoyforum

• Dr admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
Re: Image hosting problems
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »

I remember other members having similar issues, but with Facebook - they changed all the image urls. I think it happened to Brontodocus. I hope Photobucket don't cause serious problems by doing something similar.

Photobucket try and redirect to html pages (rather than .jpg files) so they can shove ads in our faces. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find the pure image file with the Photobucket service. Maybe they are trying to enforce that in new ways...