News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Equids: Horses, Donkeys, Zebras & Kin

Started by brontodocus, December 31, 2012, 01:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

While it doesn't seem to fit properly to a series of farm animals, Schleich included this one to the line along with their other horses, but it's out of production. So here is a walk-around of the Farm Life Przewalski's Horse (it's a mare), Equus ferus przewalskii (Poliakov, 1881). Shoulder height is 65 mm, corresponding to a scale of 1:20 to 1:22.5. My only Schleich horse! :o

Edit 2017-01-30: Fixed broken image urls.  Edited again 2017-02-07: Images now hosted on postimage.

Ana

I like this one very much! Perhaps one of the best Schleich equines :D

I think Horses line in Schleich included not only domesticated horses, they have more wild (of course not as wild as Przewalski ;) ) horses too there such as Camargue. Maybe it would be better if they place this figure in their Asiatic wildlife range but there is no doubt that it is really a horse too, haha :)

brontodocus

Thanks, Ana! :) Yes, it was confusing for me when I saw the Przewalski's horse in a catalogue before I bought mine, it would have fitted better to their wild animals, I guess they just wanted to lump all true horses together.

Battatitan

I also have this horse (and many other Schleich horses). In my opinion it is one of Schleich's finest; the gentle pose, stunning paintjob and uncanny realism all add up to make a remarkable figure.
This is also one of the figures which is seemingly always 'Made in Germany' - not a bad thing, of course!  :D

Not long ago I took some dioramas of this figure but they aren't quite as good as I'd hoped. I'll post some (or better ones if I manage any!) at a later date.

Many thanks for sharing, this model deserves more attention than it currently receives!

brontodocus

Many thanks, Battatitan! :) I hope to see your dioramas of it in the future!

Battatitan

Quote from: brontodocus on December 31, 2012, 04:17:29 PM
Many thanks, Battatitan! :) I hope to see your dioramas of it in the future!

Thanks! I look forward to sharing them.  :D

Jetoar

I have this figure and he is amazing. I would like to do in a future, a big diorma of Iberian penisule in the Pleistocene  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Walk-around of the CollectA Horse Collection Przewalski Stallion, Equus ferus przewalskii (Poliakov, 1881). Snout-vent length is approx. 110 mm and shoulder height approx. 75 mm, corresponding to a scale of approx. 1:19, a little bigger than the retired Schleich Przewalski's Horse. The human figure ("Mutt Williams" by Hasbro) is approx. 1:19 scale, too.

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Battatitan

Congratulations on acquiring him already Brontodocus!  :D He's one of my most eagerly anticipated figures this year, mainly due to Przewalskis being represented rarely and his unique pose. I'm afraid your pictures have only served to heighten my excitement - so thanks! He really is a fantastic model.  :D

Jetoar

Amazing figure and walk-around friend  ^-^. Another great figure for pleistocene dioramas and collections  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Fukuiraptor

I am looking to get a decent Zebra figure.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  It would be great if there are group photos showing zebras of different brands  ;)  So far I only have one little Britains zebra figure, and therefore want to get more  :)

sauroid

these are the zebra figures i have
Mojofun

CollectA

hope to get the ones from the other brands soon

skysthelimit

Schleich grazing female

Kitan club

Schleich female

Mojo

CollectA

Safari Ltd

tyrantqueen

The Kitan rolling zebra looks pretty cute :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

Fukuiraptor

Thanks sauroid and skysthelimit for the photos.  It seems that both the Collecta and Schleich zebra are great figures, with the latter having an edge.  I'll go for it!

postsaurischian

Preiser / Elastolin    >>  walk-around

skysthelimit

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 18, 2013, 05:50:25 AM
The Kitan rolling zebra looks pretty cute :)
Here's another picture, Grant's and Grevy zebra

brontodocus

Every time I see those Kitan Club Zebras it drives me insane (because I don't have them, yet :'( ). Perfect figures! 8)

I have only three zebras and only one of them is a Grevy's Zebra (they are apparently rarely made):

Kaiyodo Red Data Animals Grevy's Zebra. With its shoulder height of 40 mm the scale would be between 1:32 and 1:40.

And here's the Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders Zebra... if you like them big:

skysthelimit

Quote from: brontodocus on February 18, 2013, 10:57:20 PM
Every time I see those Kitan Club Zebras it drives me insane
I have the same feeling about Kitan Gnus, although I have them  ;)... Wonderful replicas

Fukuiraptor

Thanks everybody for the contribution.  I got my Schleich Zebras today  ^-^  Also bought two Rhinos and a Hippo.  For the Rhino figures, I would blame OkapiBoy for his another thread, which is so seducive  ;)