Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Przewalski's Horse (Schleich - Farm Life)  (Read 2369 times)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Przewalski's Horse (Schleich - Farm Life)
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
While it doesn't seem to fit properly to a series of farm animals, Schleich included this one to the line along with their other horses, but it's out of production. So here is a walk-around of the Farm Life Przewalski's Horse (it's a mare), Equus ferus przewalskii (Poliakov, 1881). Shoulder height is 65 mm, corresponding to a scale of 1:20 to 1:22.5. My only Schleich horse! :o

"The fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil are still worth losing Paradise" - Ernst Haeckel (1834-1919)

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
Re: Przewalski's Horse (Schleich - Farm Life)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
I like this one very much! Perhaps one of the best Schleich equines :D

I think Horses line in Schleich included not only domesticated horses, they have more wild (of course not as wild as Przewalski ;) ) horses too there such as Camargue. Maybe it would be better if they place this figure in their Asiatic wildlife range but there is no doubt that it is really a horse too, haha :)

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
Thanks, Ana! :) Yes, it was confusing for me when I saw the Przewalski's horse in a catalogue before I bought mine, it would have fitted better to their wild animals, I guess they just wanted to lump all true horses together.

"The fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil are still worth losing Paradise" - Ernst Haeckel (1834-1919)

Battatitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »
I also have this horse (and many other Schleich horses). In my opinion it is one of Schleich's finest; the gentle pose, stunning paintjob and uncanny realism all add up to make a remarkable figure.
This is also one of the figures which is seemingly always 'Made in Germany' - not a bad thing, of course!  :D

Not long ago I took some dioramas of this figure but they aren't quite as good as I'd hoped. I'll post some (or better ones if I manage any!) at a later date.

Many thanks for sharing, this model deserves more attention than it currently receives!

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »
Many thanks, Battatitan! :) I hope to see your dioramas of it in the future!

Battatitan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »
Many thanks, Battatitan! :) I hope to see your dioramas of it in the future!

Thanks! I look forward to sharing them.  :D

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »
I have this figure and he is amazing. I would like to do in a future, a big diorma of Iberian penisule in the Pleistocene  ;).